Melee Build Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ELDURIAN, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I agree almost on everything you said here except about Chris's ear. First Chris has TWO ears (at least, the last time I looked at their Livestream). And, I'm maybe a bit naive, but I think that he has probably this game success at heart more than some circle of mages pleasure. That said, I'm still waiting for more balance yet. Spells and Magic resistances simply seem to be broken and the only reason why it has not caused too many issues already is that everyone has the ability to use everything (but don't consider that as a choice : you WILL have to do that one day or another). Again, one can't speak about any freedom of choice when magic trees are unavoidables, if only to develop resistances. And you can't have a correct melee build without training magic (even for PvE, yes), not to mention that mages would probably train faster their sword skills than anyone else, just with the proper spells for grinding, building an huge XP pool for auto-attacking a dummy (along with a few sandwitch keyboard sessions to train the active skills).

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    K1000 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This is great advice.

Some of the other posts here are talking about end game content and I would disregard those completely. Things will probably change by the time you are level 100+ anyways.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Actually I am level 107 and will be handling end game content soon.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yeah I wasn't talking about your post. ;) I felt most of what you said there would still translate down to any level. I was referring to the ones telling him not to even use melee.

He was specifically asking about melee and a couple people basically told him not to even use it. That just rubbed me the wrong way.

Edit: after thinking about it though... I know they are just trying to help. It's good to spread information, especially when its warnings on how things work later on with end game. I shouldn't have been so annoyed :)

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Sara Dreygon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  5. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

Shroud of the Mage-atar or Shroud of the Rang-atar. Melee is at a disadvantage in this game and the recent drops in Damage Resistance stats make a tank/plate/melee build all that much harder. I've seen an Air/Fire mage solo content meant for a larger group and I've seen a Ranged/light armor user solo the daemon, dragons, trolls, and other end game content with ease. I'm level 90 and can't do that with a sword/plate/life build.

@Chris

K1000, Oyjord Hansen and By Tor like this.
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

My misunderstanding brother. I was one of those a while back considering dropping melee for the flavor of the month and thanks to @Sara Dreygon and her advice pushed through the melee learning curve. Would not trade swords for any other build. R/Boris/El Pirata

Adam Crow and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I would like to see them do that if they "Adjust" damage avoidance to 60 max. R/Boris/El Pirata

K1000 and Sir Aular Glorthalion like this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Resist from gear doesnt work and attunment isnt giving 50% of its value in resist either. Potions havent been working either

Once resistance is fixed mages will be able to be mitigated more by equipment geared twards resistance rather than attunment

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.