Mentors for New Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrWIz, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWIz

DrWIz Avatar

We are building a community of compassionate mentors who will take the time to help new players enjoy the game. There is a "Goodwill Center" built (a collection of buildings) within the non player owned town of Grumridge (just east of Aerie). It is designed specifically to help new players and has no guild ties leaving the new player free to explore the game and find the right guild fit.
    You can read more about the Goodwill Center and compassionate mentoring on this website www.DrC.life

We are looking for players who want to be compassionate mentors for new players. It makes sense to have a centralized location for mentoring new players - a Goodwill Center. The Goodwill Center in Grumridge is within a non-affiliated town with all the resources a new player needs to more forward in the game, most important is access to players who will take the time to provide compassionate mentoring.

If you want to be part of the community of compassionate mentors please contact me. Let us build a centralized location for providing the side-by-side compassionate mentoring new players can use to help them enjoy and advance in the game.

Time Lord and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

We already have the Hospitalers...

Lained likes this.
  3. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

DrWiz,

I would be happy to share my experience in setting up, and running, a neutral location designed to help newer players learn about SotA in an immersive way. The Outlander Welcome Center (OWC) provides this function for the Solace Bridge/Soltown/Ardoris residents along the Perennial Coast. Please feel free to visit the OWC (just outside Soltown) and/or contact me via forum or IG most nights and weekends.

Congratulations on your new venture and good luck.

In Service to New Britannia,
    Johnkirk Bayard

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  4. DrWIz

DrWIz Avatar

The Goodwill Center is located in a town that is NOT player owned, and there is no guild, and thus makes it different, and free from certain limitations that may be imposed on a new player. It is also supported and used by a group of players dedicated to mentoring, to walking around in the game with a new player for a month - or longer. This is much more than what the hospitaller program was designed to do. A person in the hospitaller program can be available to answer questions - I do that often. But the role of a mentor is much more of a commitment. Thus the need to bring these compassionate mentor players together under one roof - a roof which has now POT or guild affiliations. There are many benefits to having mentors under one roof and it doesn't matter if you have a guild, a POT, a welcoming center or if you carry the title of the hospitaller. If you are willing to spend the time needed to mentor a new player this is different than anything else stated before on these forums - and our new players can use the support. This is the goal of the Goodwill Center, to be a non affiliated resource center to help players mentor new players into the game.

If you are interested in being a compassionate mentor to a new player then please contact me or one of the other mentors. See this post:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-best-advice-for-a-new-player.95029/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.