Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Merchants Inventory

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Beli, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beli

Beli Avatar

I hope next release you have all those elf bows and long swords and what ever everybody is selling them to stack. The tabs helped a lot though.

Gaelis and Kaisa like this.
  2. Bulveigh

Bulveigh Avatar

And the merchants need some more filters...

aaaand i hope the Player Vendors will have the bag inventar :D

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I hope for merchants that don't sell everything. I want a blacksmith to just sell weapons, armor and crafting material for blacksmithing and the merchant in the marketplace to just sell food etc.

Gaelis likes this.
  4. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Perhaps merchants should only pay half and charge twice as much if the item is out of their "purview"?

5. vinshero

vinshero Avatar

took ages to update after buying or Selling when the darn inventory list of the merchant grew and grew without getting shorter...

6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be nice to be able to sort by quantity of items. Most player-sold items would be in the low end of the stock, and items the merchant normally carries would be higher.

7. Mata

Mata Avatar

Maybe you could make separately the seller and buyer?

8. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

You can actually. You can sort by any property of the item (name, price, qty, etc...) ascending and descending, it's just that the button to do so doesn't match the cell (you have to click on the far right of the word "price" or "quantity").

Once again, just a poor interface, the idea is there ;)

9. Shadoweaver

Shadoweaver Avatar

The ability to sort/filter player made goods would be a huge plus.

10. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

i found that if you double click the 'all' option and then double click the filter you want to use that it will work

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Isn't there a problem with stacking if the sale items are at different levels of wear, with different durability? They'd have to either stack by durability, or just have vendors repair items before they sell them.

Currently, the vendor window has a tab system with some generic categories : Equipment, Crafting, Housing, and Consumables. What about generating tabs by what items the vendor is actually carrying? So if a vendor has 15 different types of swords and 15 types of armor, the game could generate a tab called "Swords" and another one called "Armor". If there wasn't a big group of items that specific it could just create the generic "Equipment" tab. And if there are specific groups, it could create an "Other Equipment" tab to specify everything else. Same thing for every other category; "Consumables" can be broken down into tabs like "Reagents", "Potions", and "Foods", if these are large, distinct groups.

And generic tabs that are empty just wouldn't show up for those vendors. So a weapon vendor that doesn't have any consumables wouldn't have a "Consumable" tab at all. And of course, to simplify the interface, there could be a maximum number of tab groups that could be generated.

"All Items" would also not be necessary, I think, if things were sorted this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.