Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Meticulous Collection Broken?

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Bryweyh, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

So I have spent tons of time in the mines and I have gmed all mining skills except for survey (since its not worth 1.2m exp) and I have noticed that when I mine Silver Ore that I get 1-3 silver ore if I don't hit a Meticulous Collection and usually its more than 2 but I feel like when we hit a streak of Meticulous Collection"that there is a < 10% chance of any attempt to yield more than ONE ore per Meticulous Collection..and if it is more than one ore it is only increased by one (2)...never hit any piles of 3 like you do when you don't hit a Meticulous Collection streak.

I also feel like the game rolls how man ore is in a vein and that it determines how many potential streaks you can hit but yet it will still yield the same number...many times I hit 3x and then I get 3 ore...messing around on my alternate account who isn't GM Mining-Meticulous Collection, I obtain several piles of Silver Ore (3) in a single stack and so I wanted to see if there was a noticeable increase in how much silver I can harvest in an hour....and the results were as suspected...I had farmed 5 more silver on my GM Meticulous Mining character compared to my alternate account in.

I feel like this is broken because you would think that there would be an increase of at least 20% compared to a character without any Meticulous Mining skill and I didn't see that..otherwise did I waste 2.18m exp to get 5ish ore per hr lol

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Aldo likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Bryweyh - Thank you for reporting. While I sometimes wonder myself if my GM in Meticulous is worth it, I think we would need some more quantifying tests and definitive results before we can say it's "broken" and label this a bug.

I know for certain that sometimes I yield as many as 6-8 ore on some silver nodes when I get a string of meticulous hits... which is more than a best case of 3 per a non-meticulous. I may have gotten more on a single node than 8 too, I rarely look though and just hit the take all key as fast as the window pops up. But I think it's working to some extent at least.

Perhaps @Chris could look into the metrics of meticulous mining attempts and possibly determine if those with it can mine a great deal more than those without it? Maybe he could also check to see if hitting a meticulous somehow limits the initial harvest to 2 ore?

Aldo and Lexie like this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is a very complicated topic, indeed. We also have the meticulous potions in play....I'm curious if you both use them in addition (or any of the other potions really, including speed increases as it helps you move between ore.)

@Bryweyh I assume this test was in the same mine. Was it Elysium Mines?
    If I understand correctly, it's not just the matter of meticulous hits, but how many times it reaches 3x or more. Both seem off to you, yes?

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Lexie - I do use a Prosperity Mining Pick, so that gives me +3 Meticulous (I think). I don't use the potions because I use my COTO's to help pay rent. :(

I think what Bryweyh was saying was that sometimes when he mines a silver node, he will get 3 silver ore... this is with no meticulous chances, just the normal harvest. However, whenever he gets a meticulous collection, he's never gotten 3 silver ore as a base collection (line item in the loot window). So, basically what he is saying is that if he ever gets a meticulous, he never sees that 3 silver ore line in his loot box... it's always 1 or 2 at most per line.

Edit to add:
    I do not use speed potions to help me move around faster from node to node, however, I do use a fleet flute, sprint, and dash... which all give me some burst speed moving from node to node. I think they help a lot, but that's only because after a while, the nodes spawn so slowly and sporadically that I have to run from one end of the room to the other to mine them.

Bryweyh and Lexie like this.
  5. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

This is what I was trying to say, it was indeed difficult for me to say what I meant... I do always use the obsidian potions (capacity, conservation, precision, and expedience).

@Lexie yes it was in Elysium Mines in the very bottom room with silver and all the earth elementals.

[​IMG]

This was a record Meticulous Collection X 12 for me...each collection harvested one silver ore instead of radonmizing up to 3 as often as it does when you dont hit any meticulous collection. GM all mining skills as stated and also consuming the meticulous potions and also having prosperity tools on both characters in my test.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    fonsvitae likes this.
  6. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Myself and countless other members of our guild experience the same results. The random 1-3 number always continues to give the result of 1. I'm surprised to see a 3 and a 2 in the same one to be honest with you. In my experience and all others I've spoken to 1 is the only result when hitting a meticulous and many others have hit 9 & 10 multiple times and same results.

The same holds true in crafting and gathering. When it states you have a 95% chance to succeed you multiple members again report the 3 fails in a row before a succeed. Been told by the developers that crafting and gathering is working as intended and nobody has actually bothered going through the millions of line of code to find the problem in the RNG issue for crafting and gathering. I assume the same holds true on mining, the RNG for 1-3 is also not working as intended. Perhaps one day when someone finds the time to go through all the code to find the common denominator that is wrong on this system they will get it fixed for us and gatherers and those who like to craft will shout hallelujah clear across Novia!

fonsvitae and Bryweyh like this.
  7. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

@Cairo Hayden Yea I hardly hit a 2 or 3 but in the screenshot it prolly is more likely cuz i hit 2 collections past 10... so maybe 1-10 cycles is fudged up....

8. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I honestly know nothing about programming but I understand how the meticulous collection is supposed to work and how it's described to work and I can only think that the RNG is somehow playing a role in this. It either roles 1, 2 or 3 per meticulous hit, and based on that you should not be seeing all 1's every single time.

I WISH, one of the devs would take the initiative to look into this and get this corrected, not only with gathering but on crafting as well. I hate using the word "owe" but I think they owe it to us and themselves to make sure that the game is working as designed and this clearly is not.

Bryweyh likes this.
  9. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Yea I hope it gets taken care of, not necessarily in a dire need for it to work properly tomorrow but within a few weeks would be fair. I just wonder how much silver ore I would harvest in an hr with it fixed compared to what it is currently. Meanwhile ill continue to mine silver with gm exp sink (2.18m) ;)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  10. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Some more evidence for your collection. Screenshots taken within the latest mining session

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.