Meticulous Collection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The nodes are all interconnected :p

[​IMG]

In my mind at least :D

seriously, I think meticulous collection should improve the quality of the materials, which in turn give you a better chance in the crafting math...

But I said that years ago, then a year ago... then not long ago...

@DarkStarr

Meticulous collection needs some love :)

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I thought I remembered it being that way a long time ago. Now it's just the "first" time, which appears last in the loot window. But you still get multiples from every met with foraging, which is good for nightshade and black pearls and mandrake and garlic, but not so much for cotton, where you want the beetles. But since that first met of cotton isn't usually taking time way from another cotton bush, I don't think it's so bad.

But I might lower my mining met skill in favor of speed and raw skill.

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Running a few time trials this eve. "Natural" metic of skill level 88.
    Starting the 1hr clock at the zone in arch No buffs prior to starting.

Round 1 was exactly 350 ore without a metic pot.

*If the pick is in the ore before my timer goes off I count it.*

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Round 2 ended up being 344 without a metic pot.

I'll snag a metic pot and do a few rounds with that. Not that n=4 is all that amazing.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Round 3 with a metic pot was 368 in an hour which might be a PB.

This was obviously a new instance and the hour started at the arch unbuffed.

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Round 4 was 385 in an hour!! that is for sure my personal best (probably a combo of a well spawning mine and the first ore per node of 1-3 rolling high for the hour). Metic Pot seems to be working in my eyes.

One thing worth noting is that Port is on record for saying they don't want obsidian potions to be mandatory and thereby pay to win.

If the numbers above hold out I'm averaging 29 extra ore an hour which pays the potion off in <2 hours and leaves me the rest of my 6+ days worth of buff to make gains.

My quote below holds as far as I'm concerned.

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yeah. I am resurrecting this old thread. I have been debating this issue for a while now. Has this ever been addressed? I completely agree with @Scoffer here. I haven't done the math, but I always suspected it was either a wash, or better in such a tiny way, that it isn't worth the extra time spent standing there. I am pretty sure animals still only give one extra hide when you hit a meticulous collection bonus. Does anyone have any recent feedback on this, and if it has been changed by the devs at all in the last 7 or 8 months?

Jimmy Cliff and Mac2 like this.
  8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Meticulous Collection gives an extra "base" item. Animals give extra hides, ore nodes give extra basic ores, etc....
    If "Meticulous" were true to it's meaning - we'd be getting extra high end yields....
    Oh well......... ;)

Mac2 and Nikko like this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

So it still has not changed. Almost a completely useless skill that I have very little interest in, then. I guess if you're mining silver or gold, there is SOME value to it, but I'm not even sure I want it purely on a basis of time.

FrostII likes this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think its important to bring up old things like this. This topic goes a lot farther back then this post. Ya, this is actually a big one thats just confusing as to why the dev's haven't done anything about it. I remember posting this same comment 2 years ago: The devs just arnt in touch at times with glaring issues that effect people directly in game which accumulate to a lot of negativity. The best example I can give was the 10 second delay on sheathing a wep that changed just recently to a second. Combat all around is significantly better with just this little change that they just didnt recognize probably caused a lot of hate on the combat system for a long period of time (contributes to the old "its clunky" argument and now feels a lot smoother).

11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

I agree that the several seconds you had to wait after sheathing your weapon was not fun. I always disliked it, and I am glad it changed. It was never something that I felt was so horrible it could drive me away from the good that was in the game, however. I honestly think that a lot of the people that left the game have trouble seeing the "big picture" when it comes to things like this. I don't know if they're generally short-sighted, or if the attention span is just poor. With a project like this, and Star Citizen, you just have to be patient, watch things grow, and choose the time when you feel you want to step in and enjoy/take part in the content.

I still think this game is quite fun, and I think it WILL go on for quite a while, even if that means it is just the current backers that have stuck around. I think over the next 4 years, we're likely going to see some really fun new features happen. I look forward to it. Patiently.

FrostII likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The efficaciousness of meticulous collection is... questionable. You would think that they would at least make additional collections faster... I mean, since you're only getting one extra base material. Otherwise, it's just better to move on to the next node.

Kain Darkmoor, Jaesun and Nikko like this.
  13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Agreed

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  14. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I don't always grab it. Essentially it's great if you aren't low on t2 or are building up a reserve to craft with later.

If I need t2materials, I tend not to grab it.

If I'm farming silver/gold I always grab it as even without buffs I outpace the spawn

15. Jimmy Cliff

Jimmy Cliff Avatar

i am glad you revived this thread. i remember mining elysium on an adv lvl 50 with low skills(40)and regular pick axe and comparing the output to an adv level 80 with high skills(99) and buffed pick axe and pots and the yield of ore per hour was consistently the same.

i suspect that they have it fixed so a certain area will only spawn so much, and if you are getting to much it will spawn less in an effort to control the economy of the game. i would not have a problem with that if they didnt charge real money for tools and potions that are advertised as having yield improving abilities.

it is all a conspiracy theory i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.