Metropolis and Deco

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Yakamo LLTS, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Static POT vs Metropolis POT. Static has move pre placed items, given by the devs.

-update below on recent post-

I am writing this on behalf of a good friend regarding Metropolis owned POT's. The concern is that we cannot decorate the largest of POT's more than a tiny fraction of the entire zone. This has limited purchasing of new decorations and right now we are at a standpoint of just wait for a new light to replace where the old one was.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom, Numa and Lace like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Beside the performance cap, the devs at some point stated that they don't want a POT end up becoming a gigantic house.

Although, I wouldn't mind having npc, deco, and light limit lot bump up across all POT size, though. It's been done before.

Numa, valor and Kabalyero like this.
  3. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

It doesn't even come close to a large house sort of issue with the limited amounts a metropolis can actually take compared to the massive massive open lands. For smaller pots your point is legit, but for Metropolis its kinda iffy.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Dev team has often stated that they want to be able to increase the deco limits for all of the Player Owned Towns and have doubled the limits once already. This was even addressed in a the most recent postmortem when speaking about the performance enhancements implemented with release 37. They've now gotten to a point where the game is running ... acceptably, but need to further increase performance before they can once again increase the deco limits.

I don't believe there are many if any Governors who aren't eagerly anticipating another significant increase, but we'll need to be patient. I have no doubt that the limits will be increased when performance of the game allows.

Numa and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

More importantly, is the ability to place things like crafting stations and such other items that can only be placed on a property deed at the moment... agreed? Maybe I missed the info about things like this being fixed in future releases?

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Actually, No... I don't agree... A lot should be required to place anything... useful.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  7. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Personally, I would like a higher deco limit with a wider range of items that can be placed in a POT. Many of us who have a metropolis would like to do so for town RP purposes. But when you look overall, the POT's need to be secondary to many other things that need to be addressed in the game that affect too many other players, POT governors being a small percentage of the player base, we need to hold on and wait until our time comes. :)

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They have said over and over that decoration limits in POT would increase - hell they even told me once that all POTs should have the same limits as metros , but they are saying a lot of things and have said a lot of things so I am starting to give less and less weight and faith in what they say.

But they have also said it is a performance issue and once performance if better they would increase limits.

Again that is what they have said.

valor likes this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

I agree. Also Static pots have pre placed items that exceed metropolis owned pots. If item limit was increased, the load times would compare more evenly

update---I have tested many pots to come to the conclusion that
    As it stands it is no longer a performance gap of any kind. The amount of data to load into a maxed out Static Pot, is more than the loading time of a maxed POT Metropolis.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    K1000 likes this.
  10. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Sad to say metropolis and smaller pot have the same item capacity. Hope in the further state of the game metropolis will be able to have more capacity than smaller one so it could really looks like one

K1000 likes this.
  11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Not at all true. The deco limits for chests, npcs, npc buildings, decorations, lights and lot markers varies per POT size.

Womby and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  12. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

DarkStarr has said in numerous hangouts that POTs will not become giant lots. It undervalues lots and overvalues POTs.

13. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Well they have to assure that there will be enough available lots so those who have or buy deeds have a place to claim. on the flip side of this there has to be some give if a POT owner wishes to use a certain amount of the town as RP or for some other function, imho.:)

Ravalox likes this.
  14. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

Not sure where you heard this from, but every size town has different deco limits, with metropolis having the largest limits of any of the others.

Womby likes this.
  15. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Still, the fact that static pots with developer decorations far exceeds the limitations of a metropolis lot. Very uncool system.

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Those assets are also Static... not Dynamic like POT deco... the two have much a much different impact on performance, and static content can be tuned, where a scene with Dynamic content must be limited by the worst-case scenario.

17. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Then governor placed deco items should be baked into the terrain.

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And then we wouldn't be able to move them... Every POT would become a Static scene, and you'd need a team 5 times the size of the current one to get them done.

19. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Why not? They could be adjusted and baked once per update.

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Bandwidth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.