Minimum Requirements: Disk Space is not accurate

Discussion in 'Website / Forum / Discord / Documentation Issues' started by Echondas, May 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The minimum requirements states "Hard Drive: 22 GB available space" is needed to play the game for Windows using the launcher- however that is not quite accurate.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/...FCKdjH3NCn2LTfLuGny5qaAqjTM/pub#h.dau0dcx79nw

I recently switched to using the launcher version on my laptop for testing, and I had to free space in order to install from scratch. I forgot the specifics, so I tested and you need ~ 39GB free in order to install the game.

I'm not sure how much minimum space you need in order to patch the game once it's fully installed, I can test this week once the next release comes out. (perhaps that's where the 22GB comes from?). Reference thread here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lost-lot.168574/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think what is possibly happening is the Launcher isn't doing any cleanup routine to remove older downloads. Here is a current copy of my install directory of where SotAQA is installed on:

[​IMG]

That's a LOT of old files that probably should not be there?

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

That might help for existing installs but in the case of a fresh install, those files don’t exist yet - so the installer still won’t continue installing a fresh install unless you have at least ~39 GB free

Anpu likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'll mention this to the techies on the team and ask them what's up with the required GB.

Wilfred, Echondas and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.