Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining Changes

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Sara Dreygon, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Might I say wow! One month of polish and the mining is indescribably better than it was. The nodes look fantastic, variety of nodes is great, and the random generation of the nodes has been perfect so far. Find myself running around looking for nodes (much harder to see so thank you) instead of one presenting itself to me.

I would like to state that I think the gather rates are a bit off. I've spent 20 minutes in Spectral Mines and already have 30 copper and 47 iron. The nodes are so plenty that I haven't even ventured further into the mine yet... The might be way too many nodes spawning... maybe 1/4 of nodes spawning would be better than instead of 1/3?

Also, is mining coal supposed to give you coal? It has been giving me a TON of iron but is at 98% success rate.

Once again, showing what you can do in a single month makes me very optimistic about the game and you'll (begrudgingly) get more money from me as the game should be impeccable come launch. Nice work!

2. rob2

rob2 Avatar

Shhhh!! Don't complain about them being plentiful:

1) We need the m to be plentiful so that folks can actually play with crafting
    2) Do you have any idea how many ingots are required to make a single plate chestpiece, especially if you're using bronze or meteoric???

SmokerKGB likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Ummm... I ventured further into the mines (where the ghosts are) only to be amazed that there are ZERO nodes... this can't be as expected, right?

Yeah, I'm aware and it is fine for testing, but mining for one day I could make any number of chain/plate armor pieces.

4. Borg

Borg Avatar

YUMMMY

[​IMG]

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Final numbers: 242 iron, 197 copper, 40 zinc, 28 tin, 17 nickel, 15 tungsten, 5 silver, 2 gold, 2 garnet, amethyst, ruby, sapphire, diamond.

That went from 20 minutes before my first post to about now.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

And you think there is something wrong here?

The iron will boil down to 60 ingots (I guess you could make a set of iron plate, I'd use them with nickel and end up with 17 ingots of special metal), the zinc/tungsten I haven't found any use for yet... Same with rudy & sapphire which are the only ones used now... The tin will get you 28 bronze ingots after you make about 45 copper ingots first...

I really don't see any problem here, the Dev's acknowledged there was a resource shortfall and now it's seems fixed... I like it and as you said earlier, the polish looks great...

causepain and Katrina Bekers like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Nah... mainly I was just after the bronze and rob2 was right, it doesn't make much (I did finally get my crit chain after three tries).

Come launch I'm just wanting the best armor to be something you have to spend a decent amount of time gathering to make so it isn't very common. I'm guessing bronze will be far down the list of rare metals come launch and I'm anxious to see what the other metals are going to be...

8. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

did they change the crit item needed to coal or is it still more mats?

9. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Ummmm... dammit. I think it was coal but can't recall for certain.

coyotemoon likes this.
  10. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

The visual change to nodes is really amazing. The random spawner is a great idea. Meticulous collection can really provide a fantastic boost to gatherers like me. My personal record in Grunvald - behind the guide - is 7x repeat, 12 copper, 2 tin, 3 zinc.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  11. rob2

rob2 Avatar

All of my crits on plate have needed more leather straps.

My failure recoveries have required coal.

12. causepain

causepain Avatar

Problem is You don't see or don't want to see what will be the future (i don't see either whole picture so far):

- now the resources will be of the value the NPC buy them
    - there will be less interaction between players because everyone can have materials needed to "craft". Less interaction between players = DEATH to any MMORPG
    - there is no point to kill minions for gold, all will farm nodes 1200 pure gold in 60 seconds without any risk (next point)

[​IMG]

- boting nodes ( if You know where You can farm whole day long without any interaction with other players or monsters) and we have already bots in SotA
    - nods aren't guarded - there is no IRON ELEMENTAL/COPPER GOLEM/PINE TREANT coming from nodes
    - less and less importance of economy, no point spending gold for Repair Kits, when atm there is full resources, plenty of gold and no way to spent it ( maybe a little on less common magic reagents), because how many houses You need 3-4 ?
    - You need only 1 armor set in game atm nothing more
    - more gold mean less diversity because everyone can obtain best items without any efforts, inst like playing Shroud of the Clones

And probably more which i can't think of atm.

It is not early and mid content which is important because discovering something new is FUN. What is important is END GAME. Meticulous collection should be maximum 5 stacks.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

That's strange, I must be looking in the wrong place. I could easily say the node spawn rate is way too low - I've spent 15 minutes running around and only located 2 nodes. Each one yielding one copper ore. Ouch. At this rate, I will have grandchildren before I have a a nice set of swords. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.