Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining Question

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Engel, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engel

Engel Avatar

Hello i have 61 in all mining skills but only a 53% of chance it is normal ?

Thanks in advance

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

hmmm.. never had a mining skill that high.. but it depends on where you're mining. Where one node might give you 100% another node in another area might give you 50%. I suppose it depends on if there's a curve between skill level and skill bonus. It doesn't sound normal.. but then again my own mining skill has never been 50+ before.

What does the skill tooltip say your bonus is? I usually mine in Graff and at the moment I wager my % chance is about 10% higher than my skill.

Engel likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Ok for reference.. my skill is currently 45.. my bonus is 22.5 and my current odds in Graff is about 47%

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

It will also depend on which mining pickaxe you are using. For example, the Prosperity Mining Pickaxe will give you +3% in addition to what your skills give you.

Your numbers do appear a bit off from what it "should" be. But it might be correct...

If you look at the skills tooltip, you will notice that each level in the main skill will add +.5 to mining skill. I don't recall what the base % chance was at level 1, but at level 61 you should have +30.5 mining chance (plus a possible addition for special tools). If you open your stats panel ("V" key) you should see that on there.

I know that 53% doesn't sound right at a skill of 61. But you have to realize it's a used base system and that 100 isn't the max level. So, 100 skill will not equate to 100% chance. In fact, if the .5 per level holds true throughout, you will only have +50 at level 100! You will need much higher than 100 skill to get 100% chance.

Engel and Oba Evesor like this.
  5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Also, the other skills in the tree don't add to your mining chance. They all have different effects: Better visibility (which I believe only makes the sparklies more evident as you level it up), faster mining (which means each attempt has a shorter animation time as you level up), and meticulous chance (which is sort of like a crit chance modifier where you have an opportunity to mine extra materials on a successful initial mining chance).

None of these other skills are supposed to increase your mining chance.

Hope that helps.

4EverLost and Oba Evesor like this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

It depends on the zone, too. In some zones the chance is 73%, but the next will be 27%. (for the same node type)

Engel likes this.
  7. Engel

Engel Avatar

Thanks for all the answers it is true depending where i am ... :)

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That is assuming low enough difficulty on the node. Base chance varies with difficulty.

Graff is the highest difficulty I'm aware of, the base chance in there is around.. 15%? Hmm that doesn't seem right considering the numbers I get now.. which suggest it's around 25%.. but point is the higher difficulty nodes will probably never have 100% odds no matter the skill.. but.. we haven't seen master level tools yet either so who knows?

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I would still try to keep an eye on it.. you may just be mining the hardest nodes in the world or there some calculations may be off. I do agree your numbers do sound a little off.. Where are you mining?

10. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Now in terms of reward, are "more difficult" nodes supposed to be granting us MORE actual ore? Is this still being implemented?

Duke Raas likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yes, that is absolutely true. My "You will need much higher than 100 skill to get 100% chance" comment was referring to the higher(est) level nodes in-game. You could easily get 100% chance on many lower level nodes with even a much lower skill than 100 (starter / 1-skull scenes for example.)

Another thing to mention is that we haven't even seen all of the mines yet that will be in the game, nor have we seen all the nodes. I would imagine there will be obsidian ore nodes at some point that will have even lesser % chances on them than iron/copper. And who knows what else might get introduced in Episodes 2-5? With most people at virtually capped out mining skills by then... they will need to make them harder to acquire when introduced.

4EverLost and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  12. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't think we'll see the final balancing of resources until after the final wipe when they can really dig into a working economy.. that said, higher level nodes have a higher chance of rarer resources..

Mitch [MGT] and 4EverLost like this.
  13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm not sure what they intend to happen, but it's my experience that mining the more difficult nodes does not give more ore per attempt, but they do have a better chance to get rare materials along with the usual ore + granite blocks. For example, you will get a lot more tin/nickel/zinc/tungsten from the more difficult nodes than you will in the easier nodes.

Oba Evesor, 4EverLost and Mitch [MGT] like this.
  14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'll also point out that in the past (and still?) some resources are area specific. You had a chance of digging up rare gems in one high level area but not another. I suspect though all gems will be moved to crystal nodes.. but the tech is in-game for them to do stuff like that.

15. Engel

Engel Avatar

Owl's Nest before 50 the chance followed the skill but now it is really slow sorry for my English

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What's wrong with your English? Don't worry about.. plenty of English speakers who don't use it as well.. (auto-correction on forums not withstanding) if you didn't say anything I wouldn't have noticed. :)

17. Vyse Arcadia

Vyse Arcadia Avatar

I am at 31 mining and in owls nest have a 23% chance. I have noticed however, that in other places it is 80% or higher. Not sure if skill gains are faster one way or the other but it has certainly been a long and slow process just getting to half of where you are.

18. Noric

Noric Avatar

The big thing no one seems to have mentioned in here is producer level. I currently have 10 skill in mining proficiency, but I have a 46% chance against the highest nodes because of producer level and prosperity tool.

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Oh you mean crafter level.. they do call crafter XP Producer XP don't they? Had to think about that one for a second.. but yes "producer" level does influence success chance as well.. it's #18 down on the character stats (v)..

20. Noric

Noric Avatar

Its not even a matter of "as well". I worked up to grand-master mining proficiency last release - and i found out producer level meant a lot more than the proficiency i leveled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.