Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mining the mines (too much gold)

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Wylfing, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wylfing

Wylfing Avatar

So, I decided to do a test run and mine the three bigger mines for ore (Etceter, Spectral and Graf Gem). Each level in each mine was mined just once; prd level 28 - 32 and a full mining skill tree. These were the results:

Iron: 19 ore
    Copper: 27 ore
    Silver: 44 ore
    Gold: 520 ore

Statistical parameters aside, the trend for gold is quite high (no wonder the merchants won't pay much for it). Well, I'm sure gold will have its uses in the future so I'll happily hold on to my haul, but really it isn't as rare as it should be ... Iron on the other hand, I really have to work for if I ever wish to craft anything. Now, I know there's plenty of copper and iron around in regular hunting areas, but perhaps I sometimes just want to mine without wading through countless of wolves and skeletons. The hills and moor areas of the Vale have decent ore nodes but the current spider spawn rates are ridiculous (interrupting the mining).

There should be monsters in the mines of course, but I would actually like it if I could just kill off the infestation and then mine in peace. I don't know how many times i had an ongoing high meticulous collection (the thrill!!!) in spectral mines, and then a random skeleton wanders in and interrupts the process. It's quite annoying!

Perhaps Etceter could have iron and copper in its first two levels? And the ghosts of Etceter doesn't do any damage. They just keep popping up all the time and make my game lag (very tedious). Perhaps something more dangerous but less frequent (and less laggy) could be used?

Other than that, good work on the mines! I really like meticulous collection (Kachiing!) and I like grim story that is hinted in Etceter third level.

2. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Maybe in the future you can sell gold to the MINT OF NEW BRITANNIA so it can be smelted to coins. Of course the price would fluctuate, and depend on how much gold is incoming. Other wise gold is currently basically useless.

margaritte likes this.
  3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I just want to know "why" Tin is turned down so low, I hardly ever get enough tin... I get plenty of nickle, but only 1/2 the amount of tin...

Spider Carapace is way down too, I'm thinking it should be a drop like sued is...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.