Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Missing ingredients

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by WrathPhoenix, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

The following food ingredients are either completely missing from shops and also can not be grown, thus making them nigh imposible to use in cooking recipes that require them.
    • Brown Cap Mushroom
    • Carrot
    • Ginger Root

As feedback, would also appreciate if the above 3 plus the main meats and vegetables used in cooking be added to the cooking vendors (until they can be grown in agriculture or more actively hunted in the wild).

IE:
    • Onion
    • Pepper
    • Banana
    • Lemon
    • Tomato
    • Duck Meat
    • Port Meat

moko and Lace like this.
  2. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

WrathPhoenix, please do not take this as picking on you in any way; I understand you probably meant Pork Meat and it's a typo. I'm only posting because I wanted to say that I think Port Meat needs to be a thing! Maybe it could only purchased in Port Towns.

3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Another missing ingredient is animal bones for jar of beef stock. Those should be available on the butcher npc vendor.

I would also like to see the missing vegetables such as carrots and mushrooms available on the farmer npc vendor.

I believe that the onions, peppers, lemons and tomatoes are available on the farmer vendor in Ardoris.

4. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

While I'm not disagreeing with you, it is possible to get animal bones by butchering. I don't recall which critter, but at least one yields animal bones. Hope that helps.

5. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Feel free to pick ;) yeah i see it now. That's funny. I type port so much either by referring to portalarium as port for shorthand or saying Port Phoenix which is my town i guess it's just muscle memory. Although the cannibals out there like @Amber Raine Im sure would love some "Port meat"!

Yeah, they really need to do a pass to make these things available on vendors. There shouldnt be items that you can only get by looting or stealing nor should all these items be constrained to just one or two vendors in one or two towns.

niteowl57 and Amber Raine like this.
  6. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I personally have absolutely NO objection to "Port Meat"

I am sure I could come up with some succulent recipes for basted Phoenixfyre or deep fried Knyfe.. For that matter.. doesn't Roasted Hogwin with a side of lightly toasted Ember Isolte just sound amazing? My mouth is watering already...

Or perhaps you are a dessert person.. Eclipse Maiden Eclairs sound delicious!

Of course my favorite dessert will always be.. Lord British Pumpkin Pie.. made with real Lord British ;)

Of course, I know what your all thinking.... "But Amber we hear your favorite meal starts with Nawlins Blackened Starr jambalaya and finishes with Blackthorn Forest Cake" and of course I would have to point out that we can not forget the crimson Atos vintage, which must sit out to shelf age for at least 2 weeks before serving it.

.... Just saying ;)

For those recipes and so many more.. Be sure to acquire your own copy of the Amber Raine and Dinsoo's book "100 ways to serve your friends for dinner" A cannibals cookbook

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    niteowl57 likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bug submitted. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.