mistakes have been made...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nonaware, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

so I woke up this morning and logged in to do some busy work crafting timber and planks while my water for tea boiled.

every now and then I would walk by and check if I was still crafting and if not click up a new batch.

when I sat down to enjoy my tea and a pop tart like thing...

I found +43 efficient refine materials milling. and my self down around 5 mil crafting xp…

;(

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Um, something isn't adding up.
    What's your skill level ?

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

5 mil producer exp spent on refine.

How much time to regain that exp you figure?

4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

it was almost 107 when I caught it

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry, but if you'd been watching your pool getting to 107, then you'd have known to be careful with a big pool.

jammaplaya and Sorthious like this.
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

forgetting that I had that set to train a couple of months I think is understandable and unmistakably a user end mistake...

but losing lots of xp still sucks and its better to vent and be laughed at then keep it to myself and develop resentment towards the game being so punishing in this instance.

7. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

how bad would the damage been if I had been using a potion of guidance... its kinda scary with how long it takes to gather crafting xp for me.

Burzmali and Sorthious like this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You didn't lose any xp though. You just put it into a skill accidentally. You can always just buy an item of unlearning and get it all back and reallocate if it was enough to make it a big deal.

9. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

even with the scroll of unlearning you still lose 20% of the xp don't you or was that changed.

Woodchuck and Sorthious like this.
  10. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

It was changed to 100%, and I believe that's what it's still at, although it's been a bit since I've used one. When you use it, you will get a confirmation box that tells you how many points will be refunded, so you can always check before using it if you know how much xp you have in any particular skill.

Woodchuck, Mac2, Rada Torment and 2 others like this.
  11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Great Post, made me smile.

12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. I'll be careful about setting these crafting skill up too.

13. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I get the need to vent, but bear in mind this is the risk of unattended gaming. Sorry to hear. I am trying to get up my pool and it is grueling. So, at the very least, a cautionary tale for everyone.

Edit: I guess the Potion of Unlearning won't work?

14. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I have not decided yet. my long term goal is to get all the refine+ skills up to gm so who knows I might pop one but I might let it ride as a lesson to pay more attention.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I just never saw the benefit of the refining skills at GM. Yes, you can refine more in batches, and yes, you can get some more of that basic material back. Maybe if it applied to everything in the refine crafting table (so that you get back some of the rarer mats), then I could see the benefit. You still need the producer XP, and to my knowledge (after doing the first craft and getting the first exceptional), getting resources at 500 XP (1,000 with double XP) is still the best way to get producer XP - unless someone would care to share some secrets. :)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  16. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

it could maybe be argued that you could get good to the xp per hour with high swift refining and large batch #s...

but I just enjoy gathering and refining in games so the idea of gming these skills after I get enchantment and the various masterworks up appeals to me.

17. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Definitely, enjoy the game the way you want. :) I see the point about XP refining. I hope they expand the skills. You now have me thinking to GM at least Textiles. I just wish I could get beetles or carapcian cloth back - that would make it a definite for me.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  18. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

Use a scroll of unlearning to get the exp back :) sure you need to retrain, but at least you wont lose the exp :)

19. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

At least efficient refining is a skill that makes sense to take above 100. It's better than taking your base refining skill above 100 which is near completely useless.

Jaesun likes this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Ouch. Mine was a few weeks ago when I heard the WOOSH! and saw in the chat log that I had just reached level 101 in Smelting. But I think Efficient is a 2x skill, so you got twice as much XP sucked up. This is a good reason to have "misc" enabled in the chat log when doing semi-attended crafting.

Always watch your skills and keep them turned off when not intentionally leveling them. Even when you think you are watching them, you'll still forget to turn one off.

I think the difference in skill level vs recipe level determines your chance for an exceptional, and thus more XP. I found that I was getting about 25%-28% exceptional when smelting basic ingots, with 100+5 skill. That's even better during 2xp. But milling isn't the one that I'd take Efficient to 100+, I took milling to 80, smelting to 100, and left all the others at 60.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.