Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mob toughness

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Royou, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royou

Royou Avatar

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that the mobs seem so much harder this release, have the mob levels been increased? With every wipe, I go through a system to build my Character up to a level so that I will survive when I start mining in Graff mines, then I move on to Desolis in the hunt for Tin, which I have to say this release is a joke to try and get as the drop rate is next to none existent.

My tried and tested method has gone to c..p since release 23, this release its even worse, to the extent that I cannot be bothered to log in most of the time, too mine and get killed by mobs. Graff is difficult if tackling more than 1 mob at a time, more than 1 and it's hit die repeat till the extra one goes down, and NO my levels are not low, this is wearing a full copper plate suit and a flaming great axe of haste with and extra 30% hit rate, getting to the point where I'm considering not playing till final release....... if I did not love them game and the friends and community that I've met, then that is what I'd be doing :(

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Quenton and Ice Queen like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

:p
    Well forum moderation can get to the mods every now and then...

Sorry just had to do it....
    *runs away*

... as to your problem. Yes since the use based system went in everything has become much much much harder for low level folks. In the R24 hangout Chris said they will up the starting Health and Focus to help with the start, and also make the leveling curve less...well...curved. So hopefully starting over from R25 will be a bit less hard.

Asclepius, Ice Queen, Albus and 5 others like this.
  3. Royou

Royou Avatar

Lol omg I read that twice and still missed it lol :p lol

4. Royou

Royou Avatar

Spoon I'm not what I'd call low level am in the 80's for bludgeon and late 40's for most everything else, most of my other combat skills are some what balanced, it's when you hit the crap out of a Slime to not make a scratch but still get your ass handed to you! :(

*Edit* and I don't use a gustball!

Abraxas, Alley Oop and Ice Queen like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah I Love seeing the places that are HARD, Tier 4 and 5, being called out as difficult. That is the way it should be. Love it keep it up Devs :)

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I understand why some people might like the tier markers, but for me it ruins part of the exploration. If something is beating your a@@ then run for the exit. You will remember that is a hard area then. But if people see the skulls at the entrance, they just turn and leave. No exploration, no rush to survive.... just handholding.

7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I noticed this too. It is not that they are too hard. I am gm in polearms. I am studying the issue so I can submit a bug. I notice that I am missing a lot. My suspicion is that as my reach skill is going up, I am hitting mobs less at closer distance. It's as if the reach skill is coded wrong. You should still be able to hit targets close by, as well as further out. This is really a problem now that a lot of mobs crowd right up on you or on top of you.

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It is possible to enter an area and not immdiately see the tier marker. Just look straight ahead. I like to know the tier of an area I enter and look around for the skull pole, but even if I didn't, I wouldn't begrudge other players the ability to determine the area's tier. It wouldn't affect my personal game-play. Such criticism amounts to criticizing other players' play-style.

kazeandi, Fister Magee and Bluefire like this.
  9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    My point is it is the equivalent of the quest markers on NPC's. It is hand holding and this game was not about hand holding. In Richards vision you were to explore, not have visual guides that told you what to do.

4EverLost and Senash Kasigal like this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I strongly disagree that it is the equivalent of quest markers on NPCs. :)

kazeandi and Aldo like this.
  11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

The graff gem mines got harder mobs in R23, so it is more difficult to manage it on your own. But that is the normal process of alpha and beta that scenes got other mobs harder or not. The mobs themself got more AI so they become harder too.

12. Royou

Royou Avatar

Thank you Aldo, I think you just hit the nail on the head :)

Aldo and Ice Queen like this.
  13. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

While I do not believe they are equivalent, I put them both in the "hand holding category", and would be happy to see tier markers go.

Example: I was exploring an "unmarked" area yesterday when I came face to face with a dragon. May jaw dropped as a single fireball got me down to a sliver of my health, but I ran frantically casting healing spells, and finally managed to get away with my life.
    That was awesome, gratifying, an exceptionally good experience. Had I seen markers with lots of skulls, I might have just turned around at the entrance and missed it entierly.

Regarding mob toughness: when the AI gets refined we will hopefully see this "artificial difficulty" fade a bit. Tougher mobs should be "smarter" and use tactics, cover and special abilities, not just sit there with a billion HP and one-hit-kill cheats.

4EverLost, Logain, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  14. Royou

Royou Avatar

There is hard and then there is impossible, you do not expect to encounter the legendary blob at the entrance, the hardness of an area does not bother me, as no sacrifice no gain, if it take 2 to 3 deaths to kill a mob then so be it, but when your hits are inefective it makes it pointless. So should it take a group of 4-5 players to kill 1 slime? if so then that area is not worth my time to explore! and would not ever be explored in single player mode.

15. Royou

Royou Avatar

The graff mine are not an issue for me! I do them on my own, and are my favourate haunt for iron and copper, I like that it is harder as it gives more exp.

16. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

17. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I agree: vilest and most dangerous place ever :D

Abraxas, Weins201 and Themo Lock like this.
  18. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Thats my style!

Weins201 and Themo Lock like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If someone were interested in exploring an area i would imagine they would do so reguardless of a tier-marker. It's pretty frustrating when your new and die repeatedly trying to find an area you can handle.

niteowl57, Royou and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I've noticed varying AI with mob pathfinding recently, where some will come after you mindlessly, others will actively try to intercept you or flank you. The higher level archers are even using the same tactic i use with my archery skills. Disable shot, and a basic shot+aimed shot simultaneously. The fauns fill a very effective support role for thier masters too. If they are targeted they run as well

Royou and Fox Cunning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.