Mobs Casting Torpid Torment

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Violet Ronso, Apr 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Ok, so I have tried The Rise a bit today, and I gotta say, I am one who is fine with the addition of Torpid Torment to mobs spells, but I think they are casting WAY too often right now. Elrin the Lich boss in The Rise would cast it every 30 seconds or less, meanwhile the Mages in the library almost managed to keep my air shield down all the time.

Also, with the new focus cost on Air Shield, you are almost killing yourself just to recast it, so deffinitely I feel like its a bit too often, and the focus cost on Air Shield is a bit too rough with how often they dispell it.

Daemons though, those guys don't seem to cast it at all, I killed 6 daemons and did not get hit with Torpid a single time.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Mobs removing Shield of Air is a total game killer for me. That's all I'm going to say about it.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I've tried it, if it's occasional, it's fine, makes the fights more challenging, it's not all mobs either, had trouble finding the mobs who would remove it at first, but it's the amount of times they cast it right now which is annoying.

Shield of Air was way too strong prior to this. If they simply reduce the frequency at which they cast it, it will be perfectly balanced.

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

*Update after testing on 1382*

I feel like the slower Torpid Casting paired with the lower focus cost of Shield of Air is now perfect. I wasn't constantly reapplying the shield while fighting the mages in the Rise library, I had time to fight, and I wasn't killing myself with 2-3 casts of Shield of Air (or a single cast after being hit by a spell or two). Now it is simply a measure of me changing my deck accordingly to heal myself a little when it does happen!

Very happy about this change, I think this is the sweet spot!

5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

There's been an unexpected side effect of torpid as well. Since the mages have another tool in their deck, they're teleporting and confusing and rooting a little less often. Chris mentioned he'll be reducing the teleport rate as well (it also can stack to an extreme level, like in the Hard version of the Lost Vale troll room), but having these things as a mix that you have to react to and counter has really livened up the battles!

Violet Ronso likes this.
  6. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

I wonder if the Lesser daemon pet is supposed to be casting Torpid Torment as well?

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I've tried with a Chaos Summoner to see if his Daemon would cast Torpid on me, or if the root effect of his Chaos bolt would remove Air Shield, but there's some kind of bug with summons that don't attack another player in PvP unless it's very specific circumstances, so we weren't able to verify.

thesometimeslurker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.