Moderation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Koss, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

It's all fun and games until you get moderated, and then it tends to have a negative impact. "But..." you might say to yourself... "I was making a valid point!", well, except maybe it was too negative or whatever, there's usually a good reason. The moderation now is pretty impersonal but I understand that.

I am actually thinking that open development HAS caused a lot of issues. It's certainly caused alot of entitlement. But also, like, this phenomenon in the internet age is also a new one, people don't act well when they're posting semi-anonymously on forums.

I'm also in a kickstarter for a comic book that is about a year late to ship. They are shipping it, but very slowly. And you see the same behavior over there, long screeds about why the company screwed everyone over, that, while they contain a kernel or more of truth, they are also kind of you know, off base and coming from a person that's venting. So they have to be taken not at face value but with a grain of salt.

Pretty much everything people write here is the same. I am sure some of the trolling came from people who got busted for saying nasty things and it bothered their egos.

There are also many great people in the game and community that are positive and do positive things so.....you have to have the good with the bad.

As far as the game is concerned, there's more good about it than bad. I feel like alot of the reviewers haven't invested the time to play the game and enjoy it's features as a pastime. They are just in that cycle of "here's valid criticisms' and it's not just this game they do it to, they do it to even the best games. I do feel like this game has some glaring weakenesses that hopefully will be addressed, but it gets a level of vitriol sometimes it doesn't deserve.

Woodchuck, Brugas, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.