1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Monthly Livestream: R52 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

[​IMG]

Amber Raine likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What Llorayne is taking about is automatically shooting a non-aggressive mob (rabbit, dear, squirrel, etc) when an aggressive mob targets you. This was fixed once and is broken again (regression).

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris
    So 100 dexterity gives 0.25% bonus?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Scar face meant water gathering.

Lord Merlin and niteowl57 like this.
  5. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

So, its seems my question was overlooked again. Starting to feel a little personal.

[​IMG]sappersteel76 April 5, 2018 at 2:42 pm

May we have a or multiple mannequin(s), or the ability to craft them so we may display our armor sets, weapons and other apparel as opposed to laying it on the floor?

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

does it have to be at you specifically if he answered it?

7. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

@DarkStarr , as a crafter I would like to suggest something like this be given higher priority than your response suggests. It eliminates some of the RNG from the system, gives an incentive to level the base crafting skill which in turn makes it more difficult to be really good at everything and encourages specialization, is an easy thing to tweak for balance purposes, is an easy thing to buff with the forthcoming crafting specializations, removes a major source of low level trash results from crafting(at the moment, 66-75% of everything I make is basically worthless), and is an intuitively obvious way for the system to work.

I would also like to reiterate my suggestion that instead of limiting gear with max durability, players have a chance to lose a piece of gear(or more than one based on scene tier) when they die that remains at the location of the corpse for ~10 minutes before despawning. These despawned items could then have a chance to show up on monster drop tables in addition to gear sold to vendors (do people sell crafted gear to vendors ever?). If the item has an eternal pattern that could be removed from the item and mailed to the player. I think this would feel more fair overall.

Elrond likes this.
  8. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I hope this is not just another Control Point or Cabalist Siege kind of siege which anyone can just ignore and forget... have Guilds siege a Castle, own it until another Guild tries to take it from them...

Elrond likes this.
  9. oplek

oplek Avatar

They do skip questions which have been repeatedly asked. I'm pretty sure this has been answered at some point as "perhaps" or "eventually"

10. oplek

oplek Avatar

Part of the issue is that there's no central database for all questions that have been asked of them.

CatherineRose and Spoon like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yup.
    From an old post of mine how I'd run things if I were in charge (hyperbole/sarcasm/cynism warning)

12. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Woot. I hope we will have a need to higher guards one day to enter PVP zones. I recently was able to join a party to help CatherineRose move into Blood Bay. We had some high level as a "Guard" and friends to help. The point is, it took a village (okay a small village). When Shard falls were new or a new one entered we farmed as a team. Again, creating dependency on the community. I am not a PVPer, unless aggressive dancing is a PVP event. I love the aggression in Blood Bay and hope for more areas like this.

13. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Minerva your comment above is just so good and so funny. You are certainly correct about "it takes a village":)

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Super excited about this! :)

Bow Vale and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

What do you think the Taming level will need to be? 120 for a date corpion so my guess is 130 Taming? I could be wrong.

16. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I'm not sure, I'm at 133 and will push it up to 135-140 just to be ready.

Mac2 likes this.
  17. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

Why do you feel it necessary to punish those who do not like PVP? That have no desire to dump everything on their character to go to a zone where you're just begging to be killed... Some players have absolutely zero desire to have anything to do with PVP, and now you're punishing those that do not want to take part in it with lower resource gain potential. Please tell me you guys are smarter then that, in no world does that spell Balance!

niteowl57, Mac2 and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  18. Lained

Lained Avatar

The higher resource yield for PVP is an enticement to join in with the additional risk of PVP.

19. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

You see punishment and others see incentives. You can go to a PvE zone and farm all day without fear of death.

20. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I would go to a pvp area to mine gather if id get more craft xp, the problem is this feature kinda turns miners into pvp-ers and pvp-ers into miners , another option would be just to add resources to creature loot table in pvp areas ...if the purpose is to improve the loot there.... if its just to increase the pvp population i guess pvp-ers better prepare for the miners revolution for '' We are many''.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.