monthly membership

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Umire Moon, Jul 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

is it worth the 9.00 a month, i don't really see a lot of players when i log in .

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi well I enjoy the rewards. You get some cool rewards in my opinion plus it helps get the game further developed. And you usually won't see whose online unless you have players friended.

You can also say hello to a zone your in by typing /z and saying hello. If players pay attention to their chat windows. I have 4 chat windows to not miss anything. You just drag the windows and resize. I have universe chat /u, trade chat /t, combat etc chat, and a communication chat for whispers etc. You can modify what shows up in your chat windows too.

Anyway It is a very spread out world. Try a roll call in universal chat. That's a fun thing to do. I'll absolutely say I'm here if it's a question or roll call. Right now I'm out of town and away from my computer but I'll be back in a few weeks. I also accept all friends requests.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While running around the overland or in various towns you wont really see that many people around. Most people are in their own scene doing whatever (like TONS of people are currently mining, a lot....).

Most people use a Teleport to Zone Scroll to move around from scene to scene is also why you won't see much people. Currently people use over 39,000+ Teleport to Zone scrolls every 30 days.

Also, if you keep adding friends to your friends list, you will start to see many many people that are on. Like currently on my friends list it has over 50+ people on right now. And I don't even have that large a friends list....

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's what it means to you that matters my friend.

I am Royal Lord Marshal TimeLord which only means I've been around our game since time began.

There's perks you get each month with a subscription. If those perks make you happy then you should. If you don't think they're worth it, then don't until the perks of membership lures you in, "because you enjoy them".

As far as people playing and the rest of it, both the posts above are totally factual and true, coming from players with more gaming talents then I do.

Enjoy, that's the important part in everything. If you don't think there's people here, I think that's because you just don't see them, unless you play with them, then the game knows to regularly show those to you.

Have a SOTA Fun Gaming Day!
    ~Time Lord~:)

Wilfred, Umire Moon, StarLord and 2 others like this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

The $9.00 is worth it for the COTOS alone the rest is gravy. As to the players, Atos said there are currently around 10,000 active players.
    You can see that here NBNN News Friday July 9th.

Wilfred, Umire Moon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: ~"OMG! 10,000 active players!"~ :confused: :D!'
    [​IMG]
    NBNN News Friday July 9th! :) and all other days!'

Umire Moon likes this.
  7. oplek

oplek Avatar

It would be more believable if he said accounts instead of players, because he doesn't necessarily know which accounts belong to which players. If the average person has 1.5 accounts, then that number plummets by thousands.

And how it is measured? What does "active" mean? Just logging in once a month for 30 seconds?

It's telling this number he gives hasn't changed in a year or so, despite all evidence to the contrary.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

... and this would be one of the contraries. We've done the math before. That 10,000 "active users" would plummet to ~200-300 by this metric.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

And despite our more gloomy player's outlooks, "somehow" our game manages to support a modestly growing number of development staff, who earn their living, make their rent, pay their housing mortgage payments and happily live their game developing lives from the profits Catnip/Portalarium makes.

Some may say that's all fake news or it's all just a some huge hidden conspiracy, but I tend to go with the data and what I see is real people developing our game while turning a profit.
    "I've seen them! They're real people and our game turns a profit!"

But then again, what do I know? I'm not real either :p
    I'm just a chatbot o_O
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Uh, ok . I paid for one month although i did get 900 COTO the rest of the rewards are a little lacking . but we will see . I did put my free Row House in Wizards Rest . Which BTW took a long time to walk and go by boat to get there . Now i am bound to my house , then i need to find Plate Armor vendors and scroll vendors . Or learn to craft my own . So far I do have questions about the modifiers attached to what Armor i see .in particular to Durability when player made some pieces have - minus to durability , My thinking is this would make that a bad piece of armor . if said armor has a durability of 100 with a modifier of -30 then the durability would be 70 ?? correct?? of is the modifier taken off already ??

11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Good Choice! ;) That's a really awesome place. Take that hatch to the right of the Wizard's Rest's east entrance, and you will fast access to all our game's most interesting cities for marketing, commerce and shopping.

Wizard's Rest is the best place on our planet for any player to begin.

Your More
    Valuable Nobility Perks...
    In subscribing, you have entered the ranks of nobility with special title which you may now wear. That special title of nobility will grow the longer you may wear it, the longer you are subscribed. Life is Feudal here in Shroud of the Avatar and it's through other players recognizing your dedication to our game through your new title of nobility that others will value you more and through their closer friendships with you, you will be gaining much more than any perk the game can give you, as it's through the power and longevity of our friendships that we too grow in ever collective power in every way.

You will see a few of those perks currently in your mail box. I am Royalty and Royalty has it's privileges, and one of those privileges is to share my good fortune with others.
    Do make sure you pick up your mail whenever you next log in! ;)

With my "Royal Scepter", I granted you a tax credit on your lot, which should make rent a bit easier.
    https://sotawiki.net/sota/Royal_Scepter

The entrance to "The Time Tunnel" is located on Wizard's Rest East side entrance near The School of Rock. The Time Tunnel itself is strait ahead one you enter the Time Tunnel's hatch entrance.

There's also public mail boxes located in this area.
    Here... you can see the hatch in front of me with the mail box just beyond me in the pic. There is also a public mail box you can see from your home just to your left when you exit your doorway, near the crafting stations.
    [​IMG]
    I included some recommendations through the mail also, you can take that advise or not, that's all up to you as it will not bother me one way or the other, but following that advise you will gain much more exp points, which will allow your skills to grow vastly more quickly than you ever could going solo.

The Lady "Majoria" is our most important in Wizard's Rest and I serve under her Stewardship.

Your Friend and Trustee Steward of Wizard's Rest,
    Call on me anytime,
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Duke Gréagóir and majoria70 like this.
  12. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

If you decide to make you own armor and weapons this may help you with that -
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...guide-to-masterworking-and-enchanting.169037/

Umire Moon and Time Lord like this.
  13. Umire Moon

Umire Moon Avatar

Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.