1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

More Blocks using existing stuff

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by kaeshiva, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Currently we have:
    Craftable: Granite blocks set (various pieces)

Buyable:
    "Dark Stone" blocks which can be bought as a certain 'set' with fixed quantities of different types.
    "Ice" blocks which can be bought as a certain 'set' with fixed quantities of different types, only during winter.

Reward:
    "Black Ice" blocks which were limited quantities and from a telethon stretch reward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestion is let's add some more, using the exact same prefab, clone the recipes etc. to refer to different materials. Should be a "reasonably" low amount of effort as all of it exists for granite - not heavy in the 'new art and configuration' areas but would be a significant value add to deco projects and add considerable variety.

Craftable:
    Quartz Blocks - make with quartz
    Clay Blocks - as above using clay
    Wood Blocks - as above, make them use wooden boards (may need different material mesh too)
    Hegde Blcoks - using plants (think of the cash sink!)
    Metal Blocks - using metal ingots - could even do multiple flavors.

2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

This, a thousand times this! Please also fix the blocks...can barely place anything on them.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. I think the current blocks are kind of ugly (I see them, and it's like wanting Legos, and getting Duplo) and I suspect reskinning them with other non-stone textures will be even uglier.

That said, I would really like to see this system expanded a lot. Stairs, doors, etc.

Tirrag and Violet Ronso like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

To be fair, I don't think they could be better looking than they are, outside of making them maybe quarter as big. Individually they are not terrible, but large structures built from them look wrong. It's like looking at an HO scale railroad layout, and seeing an O scale building stuck in there.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh yes, wood. there's a chance for variety within that too: several existing wood textures. wood to match the viking houses,the elf houses, the shogun houses, that pale shogun furniture, the rustic stuff...

kaeshiva and Violet Ronso like this.
  6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Good wishlist items in there -- suggested to the team ;)

7. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

There are tons of pre-made surface visual materials in the game that could be turned into blocks!

It would be awesome to get tons of them.

Might I note, multiple varieties of wooden blocks, adobe blocks and plaster blocks?

BTW, the metal blocks should be "Metal Clad Blocks" and use metal sheets over a core material (clay or wood).

Edit: fix punctuation, fix spelling and add more.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  8. Ser Kyrlieon

Ser Kyrlieon Avatar

Just an FYI you CAN make nice structures with blocks. Unfortunately there is such a huge margin for error even if you are good at it. The chances of making a rhombus instead of a square are astronomically high. I speak from much experience. Being able to place more deco On and inside my block homes would be nice though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.