Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

more... -button ...

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Paladin Michael, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I like the new communication window. After talking with a few npc's I think, that the "more..." button seems to break the reading flow. Maybe it would be better to push the space bar to go further?

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Something that bugs me a bit is that if I click on a keyword on a second page of the list, the new one appears back up front on the first page, so then I have to scroll back to click it.

Its not bad that new keywords appear at the beginning, but I think there needs to be some way to deal with this better or else it'll get annoying. I don't think automatically scrolling back when a new keyword is added is a good idea either, because that could be annoying as well.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is two rows : one with keywords relevant to the current text, and another with older keywords. When the conversation moves on, keywords no longer relevant would be pushed back to the other row. What came to mind is how Ultima VII handled this, and how sometimes the player would be limited into a subset of keywords, and would have to exit this subset somehow to get back to the more general ones.

3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We've got a fix getting pushed out next patch that should address some issues with the More... prompt. (If you had a multi-screen conversation, the last page "counter" would never be cleared and you'd always have a More... prompt for the rest of the conversation. We're also adding back the ability to enter text/click keywords while More... is active because it was confusing many people into believing NPCs were broken.)

Quenton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.