Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

More enchanting masterworking data.

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I know the sample size is not big here, but its still data added on to the rest. Out of 18 wands, only 3 broke going for second enchant/ masterwork, but going for third, only 3 made it. As well, out of 15 wands going for enchants, only 2 got death ray and not a single one got the attunment proc, trying to get both on one is insanely hard.

Sway likes this.
  2. Sway

Sway Avatar

so 15 wands went to enchanting (with gem) and none of them had a chance to get the attunement proc? as in none till they broke ?

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep broke every single wand but one, so almost all of the 15 wands had 2 tries to get attunement and it did not even show up and death ray only 2 times.

4. mass

mass Avatar

Are you talking about the 10% life drain on hit for the attunement proc? I recently made 6 halberds, broke 1 during enchant, 5 survived, and I think 1 had death ray and the 10% life drain proc.

5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

wands get an extra enchant option that halberds/swords/hammers etc don't get - which is +attunement (to the school of the gem)

eli and mass like this.
  6. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

My data for the night:

Made 40 rings, 14 of these were exceptional (35%, punching above my weight there with some good luck)

Tried to triple enchant all of them. 10/14 survived the first two rounds (I had 3 failures at 95%!)
    5/10 blew up on the 3rd enchant
    5/10 survived the 3rd enchant

My 3rd enchant odds are 50%, so bang on expectation here

eli likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm reasonably confident that over large sample sizes the 'math' does work out, in terms of breakability odds.
    I don't think the system is 'broken' but I think it is far too punitive.
    You crafted 40 rings and out of those, ended up with 5 survivors, maybe one of which had the stat combination you were after.
    Does no one else think that it is a bit silly, at levels way beyond grandmaster, that you have to make 40 of something to maybe get 1?

Trihugger likes this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Thanks! I'd been using this, but I'm not sure if the OP is updating it anymore (it's a sold account).

9. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

It makes absolutely no sense. If I learn a skill and keep training a skill then I should get better at it. And once I learn the skill I should certainly know what i'm making. So if I'm an enchanter trying to make nice things the fact that I have ZERO control in regards to the benefits the item will grant is the worst system I've ever tolerated. I do mean tolerate because other games with similar systems, where the highly skilled crafter didn't have control over the specifics of what they were making, I stopped playing within a very short time. The only reason I've not abandoned SOTA is because I've $spent a significant amount of money and now time. A skilled crafter should be able to control and predetermine exactly what they are making. If you insist on keeping the explosion chance I'd be ok with that as long as I can control all aspects of what I am making. OR at the very very least - add a skill that we can sink a bazillion exp into that reduces the breakage chances, it could even have the prerequisite of level 100 <base skill>. I no longer craft gear as it is a complete and utter waste and have resigned myself to gathering things and only crafting decorations since they at least don't explode.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Trihugger likes this.
  10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'd like to further the notion of being able to control what you craft having a significant boost to the crafting economy. Like @kaeshiva has said repeatedly, you can't make any money crafting, only gathering. IF we had some (any lol...) control over the bonuses we are applying to gear, then the painful process of breaking at least ends up with something we wanted to use. As it stands people complain that their "stuff" on vendors doesn't sell... it doesn't sell because most of it is garbage mistake crafts. There is no use or point to these garbage mistake crafts and the sooner we can move on from this RNG upon RNG upon RNG system, the better.

Ameresta Trillion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.