1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

More instruments (string instruments, brass, etc)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I wanted a violin for deco, but sadly we don't have any in game. Maybe this can be something that can be added? Understandably, this will be a harder endeavor if they need to be playable, in which case it would need animations as well as adding to the sound bank for the playable instruments..

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i vaguely recall that they didn't put a violin in because they didn't have a sound for it that was good

3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Yeah, violins and any other instrument in the violin family just don't work well. Midi violins always sound horrible.

But, more instruments would be nice. The other day I was thinking a steel drum would be good. So would getting something - anything - with some bass. You'd think the pipe organ would support the bass clef but alas, it does not.

Another problem with the current instruments is with the flute, recorder and oddly the bagpipes: they can't sustain a note longer than perhaps a second.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would say that none of the instruments sound good, but playing Stones on my harp sounds pretty authentic. [​IMG]

Echondas likes this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I need to whip out my Roland JV1080
    and XV5080 - they had some decent strings on the orchestral 1/2 expansion cards and on the sample CD i used with my 5080 - if the external Plextor cd-rom drive still works ;)

i need to start doing music stuff someday again when i have a house with a basement and not an apartment down by the river :eek:

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I love our music system. I think we need horns especially for group play for group members playing different parts of the song. It's a lot of fun syncing songs verses just solo play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.