More quests, please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I love the quests which are in game now. From the three main Path quest lines, to the random side quests you just stumble across. I don't care what the reward is, from xp to gold to items, I just don't care. But the carrot on the end of the stick is enough to keep me playing and playing.

I know this is a sandbox game, and I appreciate that. But the more little quests there are in game, the longer I know I and others will keep playing. Again, I'm not in it for the loot. The direction is everything. The tiny little reason to explore is everything.

Surely it can't be hard for an intern (sorry interns, heh) to program 5 side quests a day. Make the reward 1k xp or 200 gold or any decorative item for your house, nothing imbalancing. Make the quests kill 10 fire eles, or deliveries across the maps, or whodunits in random village A. I don't care. They're all fun to me.

Novia is a wonderfully large and beautiful world. Adding tiny little quests to help folks keep exploring it could go a long way, IMHO.

Cheers.

2. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

The plan is to continue monthly updates, so my guess is that more and more side/mini quests and puzzles will find their way into the game.

I think our (the playerbase's) main problem is that we're expecting the content of a game that's been released and built on for 10+ years (UO, WoW, etc) by a large name publisher upon release of a small indie developer (even if it is Lord British and Co.). So I understand it can be frustrating to not have as much to do as we would like. I know quite a few scenes that would benefit from some revamping/fleshing out, especially in the earlier designed sections and scenes that just need to be finished/uncloned.

I think the monthly updates will be a big help in this regard.

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Once i have my shroud, I will start my quest for the emotes. that should keep me busy for a week or more. :)

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree, I'm a long time backer, and I know about all the pros and cons of this game. And like every single game I've ever played, eventually I will run out of interest. But because I'm an old timer who played all the Ultima games in the 80s, The questing is what is making me actually have fun in Shroud after 4 years.

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If you haven't done so yet, make sure you visit the main NPC towns on the Hidden Vale. There are quite a few quests available from many NPC's that can be done by low level players, but are quite fun with some story and virtue related content involved.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Outside of moongates to owls head,
    How do you actually get to the hidden vale anymore ? The Sota map seems to be out of date about a boat connection from spindrift isle... There are many incorrect things on the map...

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

There is a connection to the hidden vale by boat from brittany on the overworld.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back Lord Trady of Blix. There is a boat that leads to Hidden Vale on the water close to Brittany. The boat is distinct from others. It is a bit larger.

9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yes more quests! I also do not mind to kill 10 of these or pass the whole world of novia to bring some package quests!
    Love questing.

10. Sidorovich

Sidorovich Avatar

Ye absolutely adore questing in this game.

Say how many quests is there? Approximately?

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Only @Lum the Mad could answer that one for you.

By the way, if you guys/gals are looking for some filler quests to do when you are running all over for other quests... talk to town criers and deliver mail for them. They have 2 options: local or regional. The local versions are for towns in the same general area, but the regional ones may take you far across Novia and they give better rewards.

The criers also accept "undelivered mail" which you can sometimes find on corpses in some scenes along the major roadways.

12. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

About to start the final leg of the main questline tonight. I've been waiting for official launch to embark on this. Excited.

13. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I'd love more puzzle dungeons and quests with more obscure stuff to find that doesn't have blue shining compass indicators like The Epitath quests. Taking new players to locations like there or the Kiln Cistern puzzle they really enjoyed.

Cordelayne and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  14. Satanski

Satanski Avatar

Good story, lore and puzzles is what i like the most. So bring more quests, hidden things, books, and books with hints to hidden things, please ;-)

15. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

This is one area I expected more from... instead of "recipes" that we buy from a vendor and double click to "learn", I was hoping that the recipes would be found via talking to NPCs or finding them in books as part of the "discovery" system (which I'm not entirely sure has been kept).

Personally, I'm hoping (I'm going to go this conversation route instead of "they should do this") that each adventuring scene will have associated quests and puzzles and not just be a "grind and gather" area eventually. Cycling quests, limited time quests, etc. there's plenty to work with conceptually.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Riggalonius

Riggalonius Avatar

I'm still trying to complete the quests that I have, since I've just started. Some of them seem bugged, like it tells me to go back to someone and give him a book it says I found in the journal, but when I go to the guy and try to mention the book, he just talks like I don't have it and I have no option for trade, so I have no idea. Probably gotta restart it or something, if I can even drop a quest.

17. Womby

Womby Avatar

If you have run out of quests, you might consider examining the noticeboard outside Vyrin and Womby's bookstore in Central Brittany.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.