More Realistic Cloaks

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Razimus, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

if we want to talk realism between the two games you just mentioned, soul... the skyrim cape is much more realistic because of how it hangs - but also hangs over the front of the body a touch too, so it can properly connect both sides and hang just right. - it is designed to fit over the armor and ward off winds, rain, and snows. the climate of skyrim, for the most part, is much colder than MOST of the climate of novia.

that brings me to ask that they not CHANGE the cloaks that exist, but they ADD more climate-appropriate clothings when there are new climates available... the one that is out now, should be for nobility in the temperate zones with the high-level of detail by the tailors that would be more available to those types of folks. - there will be folks who pledged certain levels, but will RP with certain climates in mind. I'd like to have the ability to add the logos for my pledge level to any cape i choose to wear, if i can obtain the appropriate threading (the description has gold and/or silver thread, for example)

i plan on RPing someone who rose in the ranks faster than they became accustomed to, so often times they still wear what is comfortable to them. - plus, i will be doing most of my RP on my island PoT, so I should not be covered in layer after layer of clothing.

2. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I understand realism, however, the current state of the cape is beyond anything real. They pretty much defy the laws of physics and what happens when cloth is hanging off the shoulders..or in this case, the neck. I still maintain that they could change the shape a little to drape from the shoulders and the look overall would just make more sense. The density of the 'material' need not change and it would still pass as warm weather appropriate. When it's fashion vs. functionality...heh. I'd rather look good. I don't actually feel the weather in the game. But I do have to look at my avatar all the time.

Note- Maybe this is because as a chick I'm used to sacrificing comfort for style. :p

Lord Soliwilos and ThurisazSheol like this.
  3. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

- I would be happy enough now in alfa if the cloak would stop to get inside my body :)
    - It gout better though and the cloak "acts" more reasonably now then in R18 :-D
    - It still needs polish becouse it feels buggy
    - I feel like i have wood plank on my back sometimes :) The cloaks from skyrim two post up look sooooooooooooooooooo much better

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOl well the cloaks from skyrim are from a completed game, Sorry I couldn't resist this. Im too hoping for cloak improvements and variations, but I do see many improvements to the texture of them and I know they are being worked on.:)

5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

can't agree more with you actually. wasn't trying to argue, just add more context to it. :) i tend to agree that going over the shoulders would certainly be more realistic and force the physics of the cloak to 'wear better' over the body. i do wonder if they'd have to rewrite any of those physics for the cloak tho, just for what we percieve as a small change. that may take more time than they currently have available at this moment.. i'd LOVE to see it in release, but it would be more realistic to see it in a future chapter.

can't say i didn't lol on that one..ain't just 'chicks' tho. some of the things we do as a society baffle me.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

The animations and overall graphics in that video are amazing, thank you for sharing. It would be absolutely lovely if we could have such in Shroud of the Avatar eventually.

I'm in complete agreement with the cloa.. capes in Shroud of the Avatar are needing a big overhaul.

Forest_Dweller likes this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Razimus
    What you are asking for is physically correct behaving Cloaks if i got that right.
    Because fantasy games have the habbit to forgett what those cloaks were there for back in the days: to protect from rain, snow, cold and dirt. Not so much to look fancy ^^

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I just want a cloak that hangs over my Avatar's shoulders and doesn't look like a cape.

ThurisazSheol and Soulicide like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.