More Than Books - Publishing Formats & Options

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Further economy comments..

I doubt sulfurous ash would be rare. It's common enough to begin with. One trip to the lava fields could probably get you quite a lot. There will be plenty of players who will harvest and sell in bulk pretty much anything there's a large demand for. In either case, this is just a small part of a larger economy.

Say you're a bookbinder. Wood paper is cheap. Wood working will produce chips and bark as a byproduct in large quantities. Most books will be published with wood paper. Cotton paper is a lot stronger and of higher quality.. doesn't need ash but rags or linen are more expensive. Parchment has no recycled material and different types might be made of rarer hides.

Variety is good for an economy and most choices effect price and desirability.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Oh, haven't tried the lava fields.
    I meant more that compared to wood, sulphur at least will have a higher price for gatherers.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Oh well that's true enough. Wood chips and bark are byproduct wood workers will want to get rid of for the most part. Then again hides for parchment and cotton/rags etc all have their harvest and process phases.

If they simulate the sulfite process they could always have producing the cooking liquor make several uses per sulfurous ash. I don't anyone is going to care about scientifically accurate proportions. Same with the amount of pulp actually produced. Balancing all that stuff out will have to be done in-game.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.