More utility bars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I know we can have and swap multiple combat bars, but what about utility bars?

My one bar is over full with night vision and heals and buffs and taming and instruments, etc. It's a hassle dragging items constantly in and out of the bar.

Since the bars aren't meant for combat (go ahead and lock swapping then while in combat), it sure would be nice to have multiple bars for before/after fights.

Just my two copper.

Alioth, Hornpipe, FrostII and 11 others like this.
  2. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree, we need more slots

3. stile

stile Avatar

+1

It shouldnt be a major ordeal for me to have to cast my fishing pole out into the water, and other such things.

A Friend and I were discussing this complaint just recently.. well, actually many times :).

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

We should have as many slots as we want, I see no reason at all to limit it to the ten we have (at least for mundane things like using items like port scrolls and music and so on. It is pure convience not gamebreaking OP if i can have 4 music sheets on it beside the other usual.

5. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

This

6. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Wouldn't mind an in game macro command feature either to chain together commands instead of using like Razer features out outside apps.

7. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Macros is iffy (we all know about them from UO ...) but a way to line up a few actions like buffs would be okay i think.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  8. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Yeah like how some other games handle them. I mean macroing some stuff (even though you can do it easily with Razer and other third party apps) would be nice. Be it outside of combat, buffs, whatever, or even just macroing emotes with some pauses.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I miss the "Train coming through, moove it or loose it" macros....

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I too agree we need more utility bars. They don't have to be bars that give us an advantage other than convenience but why are we so limited. We cannot place emotes on our bars either at this time. I loved these days when a game did not try to micromanage my fun so much ;). well I don't really want the smaller screen for the game though ;). Also the main point here is that not everyone has to do this but for those who want to do this, they certainly can. :)

At least if we could go all the way across on the utility bar and maybe even a few on the sides to organize. It may be 4 on the side for dances, or 4 on the other side for waves, bows, blows kisses etc, and it could be potions all in one place. How about songs to play for certain situations. Imagine what this could do for having plays. Those of us who have tried to act in a play know what a pain in the butt it is in this game to get emotes happening in good timing to have your character act in a play. *sighs* , and on and on. come on @Devs @DarkStarr. It could even help us combine things and have so much more fun. ;) Not everyone wants a clutter free screen. I know I do not. I had the most cluttered screen in UO, it was shameful but I did like it very much. :) I understand why we have our skill bar limited to the degree it is but our utility bars I do not want such limits. :). It doesn't have to be a mess but at least it will be ours if it is. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tiki Pirate and Balandar like this.
  11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I can't see them using more screen space for things like more bars, especially when their design goal for the UI is the opposite. They want less of the screen real estate,to be used by the UI.

However, I'm not sure being able to cycle through utility decks, similar to the combat deck violates this design goal. But it does require them to redo the utility bar architecture, reprogramming, etc. So it's not a trivial task to implement.

This has been asked for before but never implemented to date. I'm sure it will be asked for again in the future.

Hornpipe likes this.
  12. Curt

Curt Avatar

I could picture something like the wow addon opie
    [​IMG]

So first key's thats bound to one or more circles that you has filled with your favorites in
    like favorite outfits or emotes.

Hornpipe likes this.
  13. Almar

Almar Avatar

If we had a bar for Emotes, I'd be happy. The current emote system is far too awkward for easy use.

Hornpipe, FrostII and Tiki Pirate like this.
  14. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

It doesn't need to be a complicated implementation.

I added up/down arrows next to my utility bar in this pic. It'd be so simple to just have the arrows scroll through utility bars:

[​IMG]

15. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

I'll be OK with the idea of shift 2 goes to the 2nd utility bar shift 3 go to the 3rd utility bar shift 1 goes back to original utility bar.

And of course locked the ability to switch this in combat.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  16. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

A larger arrow on either side was my thought . Easier target, but harder to jump back and forth. This might not be too bad if the current bar expands 3x or 4x. Otherwise, with either system it would become a bit too much to scroll through.

They could even add a setting: Utility bar - 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc.

Synergy Blaize and Witcheypoo like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

These were only examples I posted. But we definitely need more options for different play-styles. And who is they? I agree our system does not account for all the things we can do in this game such as combat, plays, music, dancing which could be synced as well as music. Our current on-screen UI does not account for much versatility or flexibility at all.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.