Mounts should be slightly larger

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Echondas, Oct 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Was testing this and the roomie pointed out that the horse is about the same length as me.. I agree.. so I figured I'd post here and suggest maybe horse mounts get a little size adjustment?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In running around towns (in normal size) while mounted, I thought the scale was just fine. I just don't see the need for them to be larger. That's just me.

The Tiny version is AWESOME :D

FrostII, Time Lord and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

How tall is a coconut o_O?
    Will a coconut's riding height be change?
    Will a coconut's riding speed be changed?

We've lost coconut travel while these new mounts are in development, which becomes a concern in not only comparison, but in coconut performance issues and farming issues as well.

With the advent of trophy pumpkins, I was thinking there would be or may be a chance where special coconuts could be grown which had special properties, but now I worry for not only our coconut's performance, but for their future. Will taming and it's future stunt any future that coconuts may have had?

There's farmer vs tamer issues to be considered here, because currently our coconuts don't work at all :(
    Whacha' Tink? o_O~Time Lord~

Fister Magee and FrostII like this.
  4. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Horses are too small. I dont mind small mounts and I get that this is fantasy and we use magic and all, but this is a horse.

As a man who has ridden horses, I would be lucky to see over the horses head standing still. They are just too small.

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It depends on whether an African or European Swallow is involved....
    Here's for magical coconuts that open ... moongates. Now that would be ... performance!

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I showed my sister, who is a 'horse person' as I like to refer to her (on a good day) - and she agreed they should be bigger.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am about to check them out on QA but my first thought is that if making them bigger causes a lot of interference with the collision aspects and environment and affects more than can be simply achieved perhaps I don't want them bigger. Anyway I will advise my opinion once I've messed with them on QA. ;)

Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So far mounts are shaping up fine. My requests are that they can stay in the world not disappear on dismount, have ability to show them off while dismounted and place in stables, have the ability to jump, joust, and race them. Purchased mounts won't die but we should be able to scour the country side and tame new mounts if ours accidentally gets killed. Some options like wait here, go home etc could be added to mount options.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

A separate slot for mounts would be welcome.

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this may just have been a bug. while they can scale if the player scales with, say, a creepy dolly, they weren't scaling to the avatar's default height, causing a gap for taller ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.