Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 67889] Mounts - when you use an item, the mount disappears

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Rinaldi, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

10/19/2020 19:33
    Title: Mounts - when you use an item, the mount disappears
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    In a scene:
    when mounted in a scene, i use an item (by right clicking an item in inventory and selecting "use item"), and immediately the mount disappears, but As I use the item, i still appear mounted (see pic below), then when done using the item I dismount the invisible horse (this happens when i use: food, potion, & scroll, but not repair kit). I think perhaps when you use an item when mounted, one of the following things should happen: 1) the avatar dismounts the horse, the horse disappears, then you use the item, or 2) be able to use the item while mounted.
    NOTE: If you "use item" on a mount in your inventory when mounted, the mount disappears, but the avatar is still in the mounted position, but the mount buff remains, and the avatar gallops around in the air, and you have to use escape key to get rid of this situation (which is reproducing this bug, but the bug is activated by "use item" rather that by clicking a glyph).​
    On the overworld:
    using an item causes the mount to disappear, and the avatar immediately stands on his feet (no dismount animation) - which seems kind of abrupt.
    NOTE: If you "use item" on a mount in your inventory when mounted, the mount disappears, but the mount buff remains, and you have to use escape key to dismiss it (which is reproducing this bug, but the bug is activated by "use item" rather that by clicking a glyph).​
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1085.Date.10.19.20
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Solania
    Area Display Name: Solania
    Loc: (163.4, 8.4, -55.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2xhbmlhfHwoMTYzLjM5LCA4LjQwMSwgLTU1LjQ0Nil8KDAsIC0wLjcyNiwgMCwgLTAuNjg4KXw0NTMuMDgxMnw5LjczNjA0NXw3Ljk2OTk5OQ==

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

[Verified] - this is only an issue in the brief time it takes to *use* the item such as eating food. But it does look very awkward. Shifting the dismount effect to be prior to use rather than after seems a reasonable option - Rinaldi has detailed suggestions above.

Anpu likes this.
  3. Toular

Toular Avatar

It'd be nice to get a "note" on things like this that are (probably) due to the lack of an appropriate animation, to someday have a "Eating while mounted" animation.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

This appears fixed in QA 1088.
    The "Use item" has been disabled, and when you try to use an item (from the noncombat bar or from the inventory), a message shows up in the chat window that says the action cannot be completed while mounted (e.g. "You cannot use this while mounted", "You cannot play music while mounted", "You cannot activate consumable items while you are mounted.")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.