1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Mounts

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Barugon, Aug 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

My answer to the twitter question is you get knocked backward off the horse, stunned and dazed. Nearby NPC's point at you and laugh. Nearby PC's may react how they see fit.

For overland travel, will horses be faster? Will pedestrian speed be reduced to what it once was, years ago? Though it's not as if pedestrian travel is the main way to go for large distances these days.

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

That's what I was wondering. They've already indicated that people are pushing the limits of what the server/client can handle in terms of run-speed. So I doubt they'd go faster.

How will mounts objectively improve the gameplay? As pack mules? As more combat pets?

I'm aware that people paid into the mounts stretch goal long ago... but I've never heard any real explanation as to... why? What's the goal? The fact the stretch goal goes back before the dawn of time only says to me that they never had any coherent long plan for them. They're doing it because they've decided to honor this specific obligation.

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

My wild guess is it will serve 2 purposes : allow non-magic users to get a nice speed buff that could compete, and help for RP purposes. That is the only 2 reasons I see to have horses in this game right now.

5. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Just gonna bring this up again as was discussed on the live stream:

Would be great if when mounts come in, there was a spirit mount or something you could summon for magic users, ideally what would be best if each tree had its own mount you could only summon after taking specialization in that tree.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Net, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~And let it be the known end to it~
    [​IMG]
    ~When it becomes a style, it needs to go~
    (SOTA Rehabilitation Camp Survivor) ;)

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It sounded to me on the stream from what I heard Chris say that mounts were only being created as another shiny with little utility. Let's rally for more. Mounts should be viable having saddle bags we can equip for extra storage, faster than walking on foot or running. They should be useful not just shiny. Let us hold horse races, let us do fencing on them, let us show them off too of course. They don't have to fight in battles with us except for fencing but just adding them to add them is such a waste imo. Make us proud. I want to build a horse racing track in Wizards Rest with bleachers, timers, and a horn or shotgun that goes off.

Lets start with a nice system fully implemented that can be added to later. Things like special mounts etc. We never got our nice bundles for Episodes like Pirates bundle (could include a special pirate's mount, and ship)Shogun Bundle ( to include Shogun house ect). Bundles worthy of this game instead of deco stuff only. Bundles in different price ranges for those who want to buy cool stuff and can. Just make stuff trade-able. We don't want such limits.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Yes! Well said @majoria70 ;)~TL~
    • Jousting
    • Racing

Sorgin Txakal likes this.
  9. Sorgin Txakal