No Sound at all

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Nidy, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nidy

Nidy Avatar

I am not getting any sound at all. Everything else on this computer works fine from games to music to movies.

All sound bars are max. Windows 10 sliders set to max.

Any ideas what else I should look at?

I have a soundblaster x-fi extreme. I-5, 960 gtx. I am wondering if perhaps the game is routing sound to my onboard sound chip instead of my sound card?

Any help would be appreciated. Stinks to play in dead silence..well not dead silence, I can play music at the same time. :/

Nidy

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  2. Acred

Acred Avatar

I wish I knew some technically inclined folks to help you out, @Nidy , but I do not.

I can at least bump this post up for you so somebody might notice it in the weekend.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I would start by plugging some headphones or speakers into your onboard sound chip and see if you hear the game....

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

5. JavaPhysics

JavaPhysics Avatar

I had same problem: NO SOUND at all from SotA... but eventually GOT THE SOUND TO WORK:
    I have an Alienware 17" Gaming Laptop (Windows 10)

I had to do TWO THINGS to get it to work the FIRST TIME. Then, after rebooting I only had to do ONE of the things... So I present both here in case it might help someone:

(STEP ONE) FIRST: I used Task Manager (Cnt-Alt-Delete) and ended three (different) instances of "Alienware HD Audio" (The first time I did this, alone, I still did not have sound in SotA.... But after rebooting the next day and doing JUST THIS STEP, I got sound on SotA without the next step below (And, yes, I went back and un-checked the two boxes from #2, and it had nothing to do with SotA sound the second time.)

(STEP TWO) THEN: Opened Sound devices, and had to do something to the REALTEK audio driver... sound settings.... go to "Advanced" tab... "Exclusive Mode" and
    check "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and
    check "Give exclusive mode applications priority"
    [​IMG]

I had to do BOTH of the above to get sound on SotA for the very first time (Yes, sound was nice!).... But, later, I only had to do step (1)???

I got the idea from THIS POST, but for some reason I wasn't able to post a reply in that area.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.