Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Movement too slow for in-town crafting when loaded

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by golruul, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golruul

golruul Avatar

For crafting, I have all my crafting materials in one chest for convenience. I grab it from the bank, cast sprint + dash, then slowly travel to (someone else's +5) crafting tables. In previous releases the movement speed was tolerable with sprint + dash, but now with the movement changes it's really, really, slow.

Short of relaxing rules for in-town crafting hauling, can crafting automatically use ingredients from your local bank instead?

Right now it's pointless, annoying micromanagement by running back and forth to the bank switching out whatever ingredients are needed for whatever you needed to craft.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The whole point of overweight is to slow you down. Train heavy lifter. That will ease your pain.

Sorthious and Elwyn like this.
  3. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Strength potions can help, too.

4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

A few things u can do to help

1) Train Heavy Lifter
    2) Train up endurance in heavy armour tree and wear a heavy chest piece
    3) Use Strength of Earth buff
    4) Use Inner strength buff in heavy armour tree
    5) Wear brittle brawn ring
    5) Wear a crafting/moving armour set with lots strength attributes
    6) Numerous artifacts also give large strength buffs
    7) drink a potion of might
    8) drink a potion of wolf speed
    9) eat strength based food, can get +9 from
    10) ....theres more just forgot them

15) Get your own +5 table :)

5. golruul

golruul Avatar

Total weight of my crafting chest is 16000+ pounds. No amount of skills/items are going to help with that.

The alternative is to create subsets of items depending on which crafting table I want to use. Some ingredients overlap or I'll decide/forget I need to use another station, so I'll occasionally have to run back and forth to switch out items. This running back and forth is what I have an issue with: it's annoying, pointless micromanagement that's just a waste of player time.

I actually have an option to use regular stations in my basement (which I'll be doing from now on), but I wanted to be a bit more social using the open ones in towns as well as give the impression that towns actually have players in them. Me hiding in my basement to do crafting isn't going to help with the social atmosphere.

People that don't own property are going to continue to have this problem.

6. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Pretty sure this is working as intended since I don't think they want anyone carrying 16000+ pds and moving at normal speeds. Even in towns.

7. golruul

golruul Avatar

I'm not saying this is bugged, else I would have put this in the bug forum.

I'm saying that, with the movement changes, taking all your crafting items to the crafting centers in town really sucks now compared to previous releases. And the alternative (taking various subsets back and forth, hoping you remember to take the exact ingredients you need every time) sucks as well.

My own personal workaround is to craft in my basement with my own stations using the remote bank device. That will work for me just fine. But this also means less people seen in towns and less social interactions that result in people meeting up with each other. This sucks as well.

8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Understood.

I think this problem will solve itself once mounts and pack animals are added. That may be awhile tho.

9. golruul

golruul Avatar

To expand on this, in my OP I originally suggested crafting ingredients get automatically deducted from the local bank. Doing this would let me go to the crafting centers in town and interact with people as normal as well as bypass the extreme time it now takes to lug around the gigantic-crafting-chest-that's-fully-stuffed-just-for-convenience issue.

10. mass

mass Avatar

I used to sort of use your strategy, but I had to change because of the issue you describe. I now have a series of backpacks in a room labeled for the crafting profession they serve (and a 'consumables' bag). This way I only grab the specific profession I'm working on. I might still be at like 800 weight, but it's better than 16,000.

11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Some POT owners will give you tenant status at their crafting pavilions, which allows you to place a chest that only you have access to in the pavilion. (Veritas Sanctuary is one such place.)

kaeshiva, Alley Oop and Rentier like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Open your crafting book and then grab only the tools and materials you need, then head to the crafting station.

Baene Thorrstad likes this.
  13. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

That’s what I do

Barugon likes this.
  14. golruul

golruul Avatar

As I mentioned earlier, I just craft in my basement now (in fact, as I literally write this post), with the stations right next to the remote bank device. It's much easier than doing needless inventory micromanagement shuffle to craft at the open crafting areas in town. Game performance is also much better in the basement.

Bow Vale and Barugon like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If your weight limit isn't around 400, you're slacking. Also train in strength, cast the strength buff, and there's a Light tree skill which increases your strength a bit during daytime.

16. The Sultry One

The Sultry One Avatar

What is the point to this message?

17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

It seems the easiest solution to the problem you are having is, as has been suggested above, move your operation somewhere that the local crafting area will let you have a 'box'. Most folks will do this for your residence, and with tenancy permission nobody can take your stuff so there's not really a downside

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.