Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Movements smoothing pluses and minuses

Discussion in 'Release 57 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I feel like the a good job has been done with making movement, particularly player movement in the distance, smoother. I haven't seen anyone stuck in the jump pose and sliding all over the world this release.

However, things always get broken, two steps forward, one back.

The back is in the final position of avatars. When I stop, my final location is not being communicated to others very well. I will be a meter to the left of Viola, and on her screen I'm standing halfway intersecting her.

There were people sitting in air at the Virtue League tournament, a meter or two to the side of the bench they had sat on. On their screen they are fine, but the propagation of that information to everyone else isn't happening.

Perhaps, when players stop moving or sit, a final "I am at X location, no estimate" should be sent out with high accuracy?

Chatele and Witcheypoo like this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback. Your suggested improvement as been added as issue #61656.

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Witcheypoo

Witcheypoo Avatar

hehe, a friend was playing a song for me on his piano and was sitting mid air between the bench and the armchair i was occupying! .. and here i just thought he wanted to be closer to me!
    witchey

Chatele, Elwyn, Jaesun and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.