1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Moving Forward from Kickstarter! ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Today begins our first weekday as a fully funded Project! Woohhoo!

So I wanted to post a quick summary of what you guys can expect in the upcoming days and weeks as we transition forward, at least as far as the forums go.

In the next few days, we will see our small community grow over 1000% as we import all of our Kickstarter backers into the fold. That is going to take some time, and of course, we may feel a few growing pains. But with your
    patience and understanding, I believe it will be a very smooth transition.

So what does all this mean for you?

If you pledged on Kickstarter and already have a forum account, we will be merging your Kickstarter data with your forum account based on your email address. That will likely take a few days and you hopefully won?t need to do anything in order for it to happen.

If your email address on Kickstarter does not match your forum email contact address, then we will have to manually synch you up, so that may take a couple of extra days. We will contact you when we are ready to do that, so all you have to do is be patient and we will contact you to get it all sorted.

Once all of the backer data is imported to the SotA website, you will be able to update your pledge and/or add new items from the soon-to-be released SotA Store!

As far as the forums and chat room are concerned, we are going to have a lot of new users coming in once the Kickstarter backers arrive in their new home. I would personally appreciate everyone thinking of themselves as Ambassadors. Make them feel welcome. Help answer questions, even if they have been answered before. Show yourselves to be the thoughtful and friendly community that you have been thus far.

And finally, we are working on making some forum upgrades, but they will have to wait a bit longer as we get all of the new users settled in and all of the existing accounts merged with their Kickstarter pledges. Be patient with us as we grow into the community we will be. I promise you we all have an amazing journey ahead of us, which we will embark on together.

2. chifanpoe

chifanpoe Avatar

Welcome new people and thank you for making this game happen!

3. mmorpgitalia

mmorpgitalia Avatar

GRATZ!
    It' s nice to start this new adventure with you !
    i suggest you to use Vbulletin forum software

4. Ingerimm

Ingerimm Avatar

Thanks for the information. To working with you and the best RPG of all time.

Thank you to the team SotA, you realize one of my dreams.

best Regards
    Ingerimm alias Gerd F?chsel

5. c0epL

c0epL Avatar

Thank you DevLotus for the Info!! I know this is getting old for you, but is there any chance we could get an irc running instead of the current Chat? It really would be a vast performance boost, especially when we consider the increasing upcoming demand!

6. FireLotus

@c0epL ~ As I said, any forum upgrades will occur after we get everyone settled in. At this time, we will not be changing to IRC chat, though your suggestion has been heard and is being considered.

7. Vandigeth

Vandigeth Avatar

Great to be here! Just joined up yesterday. Looking forward to making a great community here. :) and congratulations on being successfully funded!

8. AllGamer

AllGamer Avatar

@FireLotus

re: Kickstarter
    Which email address will KS be using? the one i use to login to facebook, to login to KS, or the one KS uses to charge my credit card, as that will be a different email address.

re:Chat room
    Can we switch to an IRC channel? it's much more effective, and you have moderation options in IRC.
    IRC are now very easy to use with built-in web interface https://webchat.freenode.net/#SOTA

DavenRock likes this.
  9. Baron Elvish Dragon

Baron Elvish Dragon Avatar

+1 for IRC! That way I can hang around in the SotA channel and when SC finally gets IRC done I can hang around there at the same time.

10. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@FireLotus Thanks for the update! It's good to hear things are moving forward.

DavenRock likes this.
  11. FireLotus

@ Sir AllGamer - I am not sure which Kickstarter email address they will be providing us with. I ~think~ it is the one tied to your login, as we never see your billing information. We are still working with Kickstarter in terms of account data acquisition. :)

And again... we will ~not~ be changing chat rooms until we implement new forums. We are considering moving to IRC at that time, but not before. :)

12. Lord Bruce

Lord Bruce Avatar

@FireLotus

+1 for IRC!

I so look forward to continuing this adventure with you and the Portalarium team.

Best regards.

13. c0epL

c0epL Avatar

@FireLotus

Sry for kicking off the IRC discussion again! I swear I keep my mouth shut until the new forums arrive ;) SRRRYYY

14. Knight Lord Pancake

Knight Lord Pancake Avatar

Awesome! Keep up the good work guys. And definitely keep up the momentum with the updates. Updating everyone, even on something small is key. Going to look forward to the new snazzy forums!!

-KLP

15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Looking forward to the new faces. It's been a good community so far and we will continue to help diffuse any hostilities if they arise, and keep the focus positive. At least those of us on the side of virtue lol. The rest we'll just pay them back in PvP.

DavenRock likes this.
  16. Anjel

Anjel Avatar

Congratulations to Lord British and his merry men, and women! Proud to be a backer and wishing you all the best for the project.

Oh, and @FireLotus, your post contains a few typographical errors and spelling mistakes. A little too much champagne, maybe? :D Don't change them! It is what makes you human to us forum-dwellers!

17. FireLotus

@ Anjel ~ Bah! I totally used spellcheck. But yes, sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers!

DavenRock likes this.
  18. G Din

G Din Avatar

I shall be the best ambassador i can ..... mu ha ha ha !!!

DavenRock likes this.
  19. Anjel

Anjel Avatar

@FireLotus I see what you did there :D

20. Anjel

Anjel Avatar

@FireLotus None if you correct it! We like spelling mistakes when it's the face/voice of a company doing it, it's so much more... human. As long as you're not the writer for the in-game text we have no problem here :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.