Moving to a new house a pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I have a 4-storey row house and 5-storey basement marginally decorated. However I have chests with specific items statrgically placed and nearly full throughout.

I'm afraid to move.

I have a cozy place on Parrot's Roost, but ideally would like to find an opening in Ardoris someday. I like the big city life more than I thought, I guess, heh.

I just don't know how to move, though. Ideally, I'd like to pay a grand or two and have a moving company just swap my decorations and chests to my new place. The last thing I want to do is play the Bank Shuffle game. I'd rather simply not move if I have to make trip after trip to and from banks.

Any tips?

TIA!

Numa and Leelu like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Magic Movers pack it all up and use Cotos to unpack in a new town. eazy peazy

Property manager menue

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

To move the house you can use the "Magic Mover" which is more properly known now as the Property Manager. Right click on your lot marker and then click the cog wheel and look for the Property Manager link therein.

Numa, jammaplaya, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  4. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Thanks!

I'm not sure how this Property Manager works, but I'll look into it.

I'm not a fan at all, though, of having to use Cotos. Hmm....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can check to see if you have property movers already. I think it would be great if everyone started out with some but that came with a warning that further property management tokens came at a price since we have that cost already in place.

MasterWan, Numa and Leelu like this.
  6. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Argh I was hoping this would be a feature that got in sans COTOs or at least only utilize IGG/COTOs to move from one town to another in relation to distance across the map.

Some of the biggest headaches I had with housing was forgetting to pay taxes on a lot and have to redecorate the whole place from scratch and getting evicted from a lot in favor of someone's guild mate only to be given another one in the town again being forced to redecorate from scratch (not to mention making my bank overfilled).

7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

First, be sure to drag your house AND basement into property manager. Then, go to the lot you wish to claim and do so with your prior lot. You can then drag the house and basement back onto the slots in the new lot and see how many COTO you need. If it’s affordable you can just buy them from player vendors rather than spending $ on it. Alternatively, you can wait till the telethon to buy the COTO and complete the move.

If you decide against this you can always reclaim your prior lot and there shoulf be no charge.

Numa likes this.
  8. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Curious if there in game tooltips or help files about the property manager (also the new combat system since it's changed since I took my hiatus)?

9. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

There is only a COTO fee when moving to a different town.

There are plenty of players in game willing to sell COTO for in game gold.

Retlaw and Weins201 like this.
  10. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

11. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

12. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I have not looked at it recently. Last time I did I was surprised at its depth.

That said, the glyph system is very dynamic and not easily summarized in game.

13. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Yeah from what I've seen watching Kor some of the changes since I put the game down to wait for release have been rather significant especially in the way I had my deck setup for minimal glyphs, stacking and combos along with allowing users to use more focus for glyphs still cooling down. Just trying to find something more in depth with those changes and balance changes to rebuild my decks and know if some skills don't effectively stack anymore etc

Drake Aedus likes this.
  14. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I really, really dislike having to use COTOs for this procedure. I've already spent plenty of RL money on SotA.

I understand using RL money on decorative items and clothing and purely cosmetic items. That's perfectly fine IMHO. But placing a very important game mechanic behind a paywall is rather...slimey.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You can buy CotO in game for in-game gold. If you'd like, I'll sell you some. There is NO requirement that you spend any more real world cash than you already have.

16. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

There are plenty of in game vendors owned by RMT guys who sell CotOs for IGG as demonstrated above. Brittany Alleys used to be my main place to get a price average, but I also haven't played in like a year and there are other places where people sell cheaper. If you're in the official SotA discord ask in the trading channel for some leads or people competing for your business.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Please define "RMT guy" so I can determine whether or not I should be offended by the association.

If by "RMT Guy" you mean someone who makes real-world profit off of in-game RMT Transactions, then I assure you I am NOT an RMT Guy. Nothing I do in or out of game is For Profit and if that were my intent, I'd be doing a PheNOMenally poor job of it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  18. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

It sounds like shorthand for "Someone willing to buy COTOs from Portalarium and sell them for IGG".

Which, you know, was really one of the main points of providing access to COTOs in the addon store...

*shrugs*

19. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Is this accurate? I just need to swap out my row deed to a tax free. Using the “magic mover” is free if staying on the same lot?

20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

To answer your question: The only thing you would lose is a day of rent of tax credit for switching out the lot deed. Since you are moving to a tax free lot, then your impact may feel less. But no, there is no property manager move fee because you are staying within the same town border.

If you moved to a different row house spot within the same town, it costs nothing to use Property Manager to move your row house and basement intact.

If you plan to move the row house and basement to a DIFFERENT geographical town or POT, you will need a COTO per house and basement segment. If you disassemble your basement, but leave your row house, then its 1 COTO.

Where there is a cost to move, the moving cost in COTO scales upwards the bigger the lot you want to move. My keep lot would take 11 COTO to move, for instance.

(some edits may have applied as the context of my brain fills in holes)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.