Moving to a new house a pain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I always make sure I store my basement first, then my house. But I think that's paranoia and not mechanics.

And yes, I have swapped taxable for non-taxable deeds this way before. Store, unclaim, claim with new deed, unstore! You may have a 5 minute delay when unpacking both house and basement though.

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It always has been every time I've used it.

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And it can be a different lot it just has to be the same size like row size to row size, village to village etc.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Couple things of note here:

1. If you have a basement and a home decorated on a lot... ALWAYS store the basement first. Otherwise, once you store the house the basement items that were down there get sent to the bank and only the hatch will remain when you replace the home.

2. Moving within the same town to a lot of the same size is free (No COTOS required). All you need is an empty property manager (AKA Magic Mover) slot available.

3. Keep in mind that when you restore a house or basement slot, there is a cooldown timer (I think it's 10 or 15 minutes?) that prevents you from restoring another right away. So, once you restore the house, you have to wait a while before you can restore the basement. This was put in place to deter someone from causing performance issues by repeatedly switching back and forth. Just noting this so you don't think something is broken when you try to do both at the same time.

If you need more details, you can go directly to the Instructions section pertaining to Moving a Decorated Lot or Basement.

Drake Aedus and majoria70 like this.
  5. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I dont even own A house let alone several houses to facilitate moving house.

moxiepilot likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ahhh well maybe you will one day. Raffles are returning at launch so save your gold if you are interested or take your time for future raffles or market place deals on deeds and I can help I have free rooms to offer anytime. I am Majoria in game :)

7. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Which is a part of RMT. No reason to get offended. You're just flipping real dollars for IGG.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is not true. it's sent to the bank when you unclaim the lot. as long as you store both of them before you unclaim the lot, the order does not matter. i have just stored a house and placed a new house on the lot, put a hatch down, and entered the preexisting basement.

Barugon and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  9. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

A secondary flaw I've found in magic movers is in changing lot sizes. I had wanted to go from a village lot to a town lot with the same house and could not. Which is an exceptional pain when you have book shelves.

Barugon, Cordelayne and Rentier like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yep...I couldn't agree more I find this to be quite unfortunate. I am hoping after release they will address this because I know there are a number of people who are interested in this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.