Multi-Player online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Korim Rackham, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Just to be clear I don't want to force anyone into anything whats with all this force stuff? I think a great fix would to not share single player items/resources with the multi player side. That would mean hey if you want to show your friends stuff or group with them in multi player you have to create or get them in multiplayer with an exception of pledge items. I think more people would participate in online at that point so they could play with friends or guild. Get rid of friends only mode. Single players aren't forced into anything, if they don't want to see anyone stay in single player, if they do well then guess what you have to be in multi player. The more extreme would be youd also have to build/level character in multi player for multi player, but I can already hear the cries of how unfair that is to the single players, force them to level two times to play game...

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well my laptop is only 2 years old, and I cannot hardly play the game. bout 6 months ago I could run 3 clients at once and have no worries on the same machine. Now it takes 2-5 min to load screens and I cannot even play multiplayer. I understand that there needs optimization so I am waiting on playing. I have played 30 hours of laggy/ slow load screen this release, but it is really hard to test like this.

Baalice and Mykll like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Are you aware that most of the dungeons and mines are already friend only/single player online mode already even if you are on multiplayer online mode? There will be more people getting on multiplayer online as the game engine is optimized and people don't have to wander for minutes just to find something to kill on the adventure scenes when there are more than 2-3 people. Until then, friend only and single player online modes are the options that allow them to keep playing the game. Also for those who to be isolated into their own world. There is already single player offline mode available. The available game modes are fine as they are. These are the available modes offered to the backers since the beginning of time and they are the reason why many people pledged to build this game in the first place.

There are always more than 300+ online on SotA official Discord server (https://discord.gg/010CjUU74ncJZEsrz) that you can chat to them about many things including inviting them to group up and go wreck stuff. There are also listed player created events (http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/) that you could join if you want to just hang out with a bunch of people.

Elwyn, Baalice, Celthon and 2 others like this.
  4. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Fair enough. Then the Devs should simply give the multiplayer users the option to selectively decide weather or not they want to support these solo players by making it clear via some sort of tagging system which mode ALL items / resources originate in. Maybe to some this won't matter maybe to some this will. If you're going to call it selective multiplayer then make it so and give all players the ability to actually SELECT which type of player / play style they want to support by giving us the info for all relevant items and resources as to which mode it was acquired / created in. Then all sides can truly "SELECT".

If this isn't an option then create a transfer bag and sell it on NPCs for a COTO to allow for one time transfer of items using said bag to and from modes. Makes Port money and discourages nonstop casual mode swaps.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There are many of those who stay in multi players when they venture into the towns to interact with people, but get on single or friend only mode during their hunt to avoid wasting their time in the cleared up zones.

How would spending addition development time to implement these types of tagging would help anything? Don't you like resource and equipment to be affordable?

I would rather have them spending time focusing on improving the PVP game play if they started to run out of things to do.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well its hard to say they support the solo players much. They support the community who largly is active in social/dancing gatherings. The solo emersive playstyle needs to wait till they make all the smokers robes and cocktail waitress gowns for the add on store. Then they will get to the solo player, then finally the pvp player.

Kaisa, Baalice and Mykll like this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wow. Now THAT'S a creepy idea. Do you even understand how creepy it is?

8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

This topic is near and dear to my heart and we'll definitely talk about this topic during the Monday telethon! I hear ya and we have plans to address most of the concerns of the MMO types.

KuBaTRiZeS, Vallo, Saosis and 9 others like this.
  9. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

S
    So you start by saying you don't want to force anyone, and then suggest forcing friends to go multi...

10. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

Thank you Chris. This is great to hear. To many people this is the number 1 concern when it comes to your game. To know that there's developers who are aware of these important issues is quite the relief.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Mykll like this.
  11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Good to hear @Chris. Personally, I find it isolating to not have a global chat channel. The Noble channel (global) is the most active whenever I play and people are always asking for advise and assistance on that channel.

With how small the population is, saying you need to run into towns to find people is unrealistic as it could take an hour to find people who want to group up. True story.

Running additional outside applications is not a realistic answer either.

I'm really not sure why people are so fervently against players trying to find others who want to group together. I'm certain that there would be gold sellers who abuse the system, but that should be dealt with in a different fashion.

I'm looking forward to hearing how Port plans to tackle some of these issues.

12. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Great so now we are forced into Multi-player for Cities and PvP zones.
    Really I don't want to see you... your nothing special to look at, and you have nothing to offer me but lag, if I want something from you.. I'll check the vendors.

I really don't think you people know what your asking for.
    This game can NOT handle Massive Multiplayer, as soon as you get more than 50 people in an instance we start getting major lag, crashes, and instance splits...
    You have to turn off names, and stare at the ground to get decent performance.

Zones are way to small and way too sparsely populated to support more than a small party of people hunting.

Please if Port forces us into Multi-player Make sure that pets stop blocking players, because all those big bear butts blocking bridges, and doorways is just greifing waiting to happen.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  13. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Nope. What's actually creepy and somewhat disturbing is you insinuating a legit idea is creepy...

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Take a good look at history and reconcider your legit idea.

15. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

That's great bro! It really truly is, I'm glad that's what "you" would like to see time spent on. Some of "us" would like to see time spent on resolving this mode nonsense in a way that makes sense for ALL players and is meaningful for the game in the long run. As it sits now it is neither and is a recipe for disaster long term some of us see that and want to see dev time spent to head this off. Sorry your rose colored glasses are so foggy...

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

And of course you know what is good for all players and the game.

17. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Never said I did. But I know you certainly don't. So there is that!

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Really didn't expect you to break so easy.
    Dissapointing.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

You crazy kids get off my lawn!

Vallo, Kaisa, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  20. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I'm glad that "you" think all this mode switching is 'nonsense'. A lot of us backed for the selective side of the game. Rather than inject your obvious bias towards single players (I play mostly OPO but do SPO sometimes), focus on balancing what can be gained in all modes rather than put tags on SPO items so you can 'not support' those players. It's sounds ridiculous saying it out loud. How about making it so multiplayer resources can be gathered per person rather than fighting over a few cotton bushes. If we can all gather the same in any mode, what's the difference. It's more balance than it is heading off some perceived disaster. I'd be shocked if the devs come out and say they're removing SPO/FPO modes or 'branding' those items so people can ignore those vendor items and boo and hiss and do whatever else you think they should be doing since you clearly have something against them. What's the 'real' issue here? You, know, without the drama?

Dantuin, Alley Oop and Mykll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.