Multiplayer Mode Default Settings

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by MFWalter, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I was reading a post about players not RPing because they never see each other and how a lot of people don't know how many, even if there are, other players are playing because so many of us use "Party" mode to avoid fighting over spawns when we hunt. So I had an idea.

Add to the Multiplayer tab in Options a spot where you can set your default choice for scene types. I would love to be in Party mode in adventuring scenes and open mode for POT scenes. The multiplayer tab has made switching modes so much better than it was when we had to log out and back in, but to be truthful I still live in Party mode. The 2 extra scene loads to goto Open then back to Party just for my run back to drop off loot and resupply or for my end of night return to town to log off just isn't something I do. If the game would load my into Open POT and Party Adventuring at the sametime it is scene loading anyways I would always be in Open in the POT/Overland Map.

Vermine likes this.
  2. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

This, so much this!

I too end up going Party/Private for the adventure scenes, as it has happened far too many times some puzzle I was trying out was already (partially) solved by someone else in Open. And changing back and forth to Open for the map, NPC cities and POT's got old fast...
    So, like the OP, I have ended up in Party/Private for session after session... despite really wanting to see others while not in adventure scenes. :(

3. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Yuk! no thanks unless we're all auto flagged for PvP too; yep I hate RP, like most hate PvP and I really don't want to be subjected to it like most don't want to die to griefers ;)

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I still say making the resource nodes unique to each player (so only you can loot "your" resources, although they still spawn in the same location) would get rid of any need to use SPO as a crutch. The only reason would be if you actually preferred to get away from other players, which was the intention.

MFWalter likes this.
  5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I dunno, I always go multi and then switch to party if the area is camped, that way you benefit from 10% more xp in multiplayer if the zone isnt busy, and its pretty fast now switching modes in game , much faster than a map load.

6. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I thought 10% bonus exp was only if you are flagged PvP, which I am never.

7. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I am confused by your complaint. You could just set your defaults to both open or both private if you want to keep using the current system.

8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Initialy in beta they made it 20% for pvp, then they split it so you got 10% more in open play(multi) and 10% more if pvp flagged AND in multi. I assumed its same still never actually checked numbers for a long time...

9. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I also would not mind having an option to auto to Multi in towns.

But to make all sides happy

The options should also include the Default of NOT SET.

MFWalter likes this.
  10. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Very true. Part of why I liked the idea was that it seems like it would be something that could be added and ignored by anyone that doesn't like it. "Not Set" is a great way for people that don't like it to keep using the current system.

11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

That is part of it, however, there are also in-scene puzzles (notably the ones where you have to activate pillars) which can be screwed up when multiple players are around.

The idea is interesting because that's basically the standard setting for games like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile... the towns are full multiplayer while the adventuring areas are instanced for yourself or you and your party.

Jaesun and MFWalter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.