Multiple House Pet solution idea

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Dulayne, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Does this idea sound good?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

There has been a lot of discussion about having multiple pets in a house and it has been talked about that being a performance issue. Would it be too much of a performance sink if players could have a utility skill of some kind, to select which pet spawns in the house when they are there?

Like a pets menu in the same vein as the emotes menu, or a utility bar glyph. It would not fully fulfil the desires, however it could be a good compromise. It would of course need some form of check/balance to see if a particular chest/locker/cages whatever has the desired pet inside it. However that could be a nice touch to give instant adjustment/gratification if say an avatar wants their pet cat around.

Another (and I assume this would be performance heavy) is to have a timer. Say you have a nocturnal pet that can only roam at night, the avatar could schedule them to be around during the night. Same with pets that are around in the day time. This could be something in the same mindset of NPCs that have scheduled bed times.

I am sure this stuff may have some implications to it, but I do feel that could provide some nice little alternatives to risking the performance of a town.

What do you guys think? I will put a poll, but please throw some thoughts in replies too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.