Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multiple Item Destruction

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Noric, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

It is really easy to accidentally destroy items you don't mean to with multiple selections... especially when dealing with crafting tables. I was destroying an arrowhead mold and just destroyed arrowheads x 100 while i was doing it.

Miracle Dragon and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If the UI listed the number of items to be destroyed then this would be easily identifiable by the user.

"Are you sure you want to destroy 101 items?"

Would have easily warned you before the mistake was done.

Noric and Womby like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Putting the text in bright red would help, too.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, part of the problem is that when you craft something and hit the "Take All" button, all of those items are moved to your inventory and selected as a group. If you have more items in inventory than you can see on your screen (ie have to scroll through them) and one of the selected is not in view, you can accidentally destroy it or move it to another container, etc.

I also had one issue where I took a few items out of the bank and attempted to trade one of those items to a guild member. I dragged it to the trade window and hit "Accept Trade"... and assumed it was just that item. As he hit the accept button too, I noticed that my Row Lot Deed was in the trade window too. Luckily it was a guild member so he gave it back to me. But If this was some random person it could have been an issue. Of course I may have taken more care in reviewing my traded items list with someone else too. But my point is that the automatic multiple selection of items can be an issue for multiple reasons.

I love the fact that we can select multiple items to move or destroy at once. I just don't like when the "system" automatically selects a group of items for me.

Noric likes this.
  5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

:eek:

6. Noric

Noric Avatar

This sounds like a good idea - especially if the message got bigger/more emphasized if the number of items passed a certain threshold.

It was quite a bit frustrating - literally used the arrowhead mold from full durability to none and then made the mistake that destroyed the results. Luckily, i had more materials at the time.

I really like the feature where it mutli selects the results of salvaging but not the tool so i can swap out easier. Maybe just limit the multi selection it does in your own inventory but let it do it on crafting tables??

7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Im making a batch of 10,000 soon as well.

I keep my empty arrowhead molds as trophies!

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

"ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SALVAGE THE CRIT GEAR YOU JUST REPAIRED??? ARE YOU DRUNK?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.