Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Multiple Macroable Auto Level Environments.

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Masonic, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

Please inquire directly as I will not advertise these.

2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Please report these to the Dev team so they can eliminate them. Thank you for testing Pre-Alpha! :D

Mata, 4EverLost and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

They're all macroable auto-level spots. Some super easy. Some a little harder.

Which is the big problem with the shared economy between the real MMO and the SPO game. I don't see how the devs plan to deal with gold farmers who can sit and run their macros 24/7 in safety on SPO mode and then bring those assets into the MMO world. Seems pretty simple to me.

4. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

I mean high density. I've located the most likely farm locations.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

If the goal is to spread out mobs and resource nodes to the point they aren't macro friendly ... that's a pretty dumb plan.

I'd nix the ability to bring anything from SPO to the MMO mode. That's the most glaring hole. After that monitoring software could automatically boot players the software suspects are macroing, after a brief on screen warning. Better yet, if they are doing it on the MMO servers, allow a reporting system that will flag the macro-bot for PvP ...

6. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

I never mentioned a goal. Please don't assume.

Also, to people who choose to message me to ask where the locations are, please don't. I want them fixed, not used. However, the fact people want to use them is a sign that the grind after the reset might be a little heavy for some. Perhaps anyway. Maybe next reset we could all get a little initial boost so we can not spend a week in the mines for gear etc ;-)

7. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

I didn't mean that to sound insulting. Just that I hope they have a better solution to macro bots than just making mobs and nodes even harder to find in significant numbers. It's a pain already in some zones.

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

Why even bother with SPO existing if that is the case? Unless offline got entirely dropped by now...

9. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

SPO will be botted, but there are certain locations that are hotspots due to incredibly high rate of returns and stability.

They can fix these with ease however, meaning macroing is not overly rewarding, except when done on a massive scale, as the gold farmers certainly will.

10. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Frankly, I agree. Why bother?

But if you insist on bothering, you better separate the two.

And i note that you failed entirely to explain why there is any rational basis to connect single player (i.e. dupes galore / macros all day) assets to MMO assets.

And I'm extremely interested in your reasoning as to why that makes any sense. At all.

11. Noric

Noric Avatar

I'm not strictly arguing in favor of it, but the devs have had that design in mind from the start. Instead of the Shard based model, they proposed a more fluid one including the option for single player online. Hell, as a backer i was a backer strictly hoping for a decent single player game. That design model was scrapped(instead of single->multi they decided on multi->single) and I still don't have an offline option.

12. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Well, I question why nobody ever asked the devs WTF they were thinking then ... Because it doesn't make any damn sense.

13. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

I think they were inspired by Elite Dangerous, and SPO mode there is a different equation. It's not as damaging.

14. Coolwaters

Coolwaters Avatar

Ok ... that's great. But can you really bring whatever you farm (using macros or otherwise) in a solo game to a MMO?

Just do the math. It doesn't take long to figure this one out.

15. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

What makes you assume I'm defending it?

SPO is rather .. distasteful to me.

16. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Single player online is different from single player offline mode. You can't bring the offline game into multiplayer online. Single player online (SPO) is exactly the same as Multiplayer online (without other players) so what advantage would macroers have in SPO mode?

17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Devs can zone to you in SPO, sometimes they then wonder where all the other people are.

Sophi and Miracle Dragon like this.
  18. Noric

Noric Avatar

They can't get messed with like they would in online mode. You can lure mobs or do other things to ruin macroers. Also they don't need to compete for resources that they would in online mode.

19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Why not ask them on the next dev hangout?

Sophi and SmokerKGB like this.
  20. Womby

Womby Avatar

I use SPO exclusively for harvesting resources, because that way I don't have to worry about the obnoxious behaviour of other players. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable for me. You'd better believe that I insist on using stuff that I gather in single player online when I switch to multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.