1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Musical Advent Calendar

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Helvig Ingvildsdottir, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

In Germany and the northern European countries it is a nice tradition to give children advent calendars with 24 small surprises for every day in December until the 24th. Nowadays, this is becoming increasingly popular all over the world, even among adults.

To honour this tradition I am going to do something special on my vendor Solveig in Britt Mart (middle aisle, right side when coming from the docks).

For every day from the 1st to the 24th of December, Solveig will have a different sheet music for just 250 gold a piece. These will mainly be christmas carols, but also the occasional festive classical piece of music, all of them carefully arranged for use in SotA. Every day between 1am and 7am all unsold music sheets of the previous day will be removed and a new song added.

All sheets that have not been sold on "their" day will be added on the vendor again on December 25th, but then at the regular price of 1k gold.

Between today and Sunday you also have the opportunity to pre-order the Musical Advent Calendar for yourself or as a nice surprise for a loved one. Just send 6k gold to Helvig Ingvildsdottir, along with the name of the recepient if it is not the same character that is sending the gold. You will then receive one music sheet every day in your mail (free shipping). Of course if you order on Sunday, you will receive Saturday's and Sunday's music in one shipment.

Have a wonderful season!

Sonja, Gaelis, Net and 10 others like this.
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Very Cool Idea!

Sign ME up! 6k sent in game :)

Laz

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

• December 1: Deck the Halls
    • December 2: Good King Wenceslas
    • December 3: Jingle Bells
    • December 4: Es ist ein Ros entsprungen / Det är en ros utsprungen / Lo, how a rose e'er blooming
    • December 5: Adeste Fideles / O come all ye faithful / Herbei o ihr Gläubigen
    • December 6: Joy to the World + Lasst uns froh und munter sein
    • December 7: God rest ye merry gentlemen
    • December 8: In dulci jubilo (medieval carol from 1328 with macaronic German/Latin lyrics)
    • December 9: Coventry Carol
    • December 10: The First Noel
    • December 11: Panis Angelicus
    • December 12: We wish you a merry christmas
    • December 13: Kling Glöckchen klingelingeling
    • December 14: Gloucester Wassail (Wassail wassail)
    • December 15: It came upon a Midnight clear
    • December 16: Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer
    • December 17: Twelve Days of Christmas
    • December 18: Angels we have heard on high
    • December 19: O little town of Bethlehem
    • December 20: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    • December 21: O Tannenbaum / O Christmas Tree
    • December 22: Ding dong merrily on high
    • December 23: Heiligste Nacht
    • December 24: Silent Night / Stille Nacht

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

This has started.

The first song has been sent to the pre-order subscribers, the first batch deposited on my vendor. Get these songs while they're hot.

I'm going to update the post above with the songs for the respective days as soon as they are stocked on the vendor.

5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Just a reminder: Today is the last day for subscriptions to get the entire Musical Advent Calendar in your mail, one song every day until and including December 24.

To subscribe, Send 6k gold to Helvig Ingvildsdottir, along with the name of the recipient if it is not the same person that is sending the money.

Of course those that miss out on the subscription are still able to get the day's song on my vendor Solveig in Britt Mart at only 250 gold a piece, or all of them on Demeber 25 at the regular price of 1k gold a piece.

These are the most popular traditional English and German/Austrian christmas carols, beautifully arranged for harp, lute or piano in SotA.

Datendrache likes this.
  6. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Today is the day when in Germany and Austria Saint Nick comes to reward good children. In southern Germany and Austria he is accompanied by Krampus, a daemonic creature that punishes the bad children. In northern Germany his companion is Knecht Ruprecht.

To pay my respects to them, today and only today there will be a second song of the day added to my vendor Solveig in the afternoon. So if you stop by in the afternoon of evening, you will find the popular English carol "Joy to the World" and the German song that probably all children are singing today "Lasst uns froh und munter sein".

7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Sadly I'm too late for the preorder :oops: I wish I had found this earlier, this would have been the perfect christmas gift for some of my friends.

8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

@Sindariya message me if you'd like to discuss options for music sheet Christmas presents. Even if you're late for the advent calendar we sure can find a nice solution.

Today's another German song btw, one of the oldest we know: In dulci jubilo, probably written in 1328 based on an older tune.

Violet Green, Sole and Gaelis like this.
  9. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Thank you @Vas Corp Por for mentioning my advent calendar on last night's livestream! What an honor!

Contrary to your guess, yesterday's song was not "Here we come awassaling" but the Gloucestershire Wassail, often also simply called "Wassail, wassail" after it's first verse "Wassail, wassail all over the town". It's a lovely tune you can listen to on youtube, if you do not know it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  10. Violet Green

Violet Green Avatar

Thank you for having an advent musical calendar, I am honoured to have some of your tunes

11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

My friend got the music today and they are all happy. The songs are really great. we listened to all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  12. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Thanks Helvig :) lots of nice christmas tunes

13. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Today the last of the 24 songs (+1 surprise extra on Dec 6 Saint Nick's Day) went out to my subscribers. Solveig in Britt Mart also got a few copies for sale at 250 gold a piece. Today's song is Silent Night.

I'd like to thank everyone that trusted me with this project, and everyone that commented on the quality of my songs. This has been much fun for me!

Remember, between 1am and 3am on December 25 (tomorrow) I will put all songs that have not sold on their respective days on Solveig at the regular price of my sheet music (which is 1k gold). Go grab one if you need a last minute present for a loved one, or if you are looking for a song to complete your Christmas Carol collection.

You can also order songs with a special offer of "Buy 4 at the price of 3" (3k gold for four songs), but I will not be able to fill any orders before December 26.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.