Musical Instruments And Their Uses

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by OriginalBubs, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OriginalBubs

OriginalBubs Avatar

As an avid musician in real life, I would like to be able to be one in digital life as well.

I feel like many fantasy games, especially RPG's, fall very short in the area of the player's musical abilities. I find this strange, since music and musical instruments have such a well-founded presence in the myths, legends, and histories from around our world. Pan's flute for example, or the harp of King David, or the Siren's songs, to name just a few.

I would like to see player-craftable musical items, or even a musical skill path to pursue. Along with it would be a game mechanic that let you use the instruments, or songs, like a spell. A song from your harp could make some monsters neutral, or even tame. A lute riff could buff your will power, etc.

This seems like just the kind of game to make use of unconventional means to completing missions and quests. Sure you can dive the cave and kill the Dire Wolf with a sword. But wouldn't it be so awesome if you could learn a song on that flute you crafted and would tame the Dire Wolf as a pet?? Just sayin'

2. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

Jack Frost, in the video of a town, the Avatar goes into a player house, there is a playable piano inside.

UO had playable instruments, but were scripted sounds, you couldn't actually play songs.

Lotro on the other hand, has a very good musical instrument system.

Check out some videos on YouTube, quite entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.