My 2-cents on why I remain a backer of SOTA - I ain't going anywhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

well put, and i think everybody should be able to agree on that.

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

That is why I use Locked for the main skills and have a random stack for some buffs as well one for heals. Works rather nice.

3. Nog

Nog Avatar

Yeah, I enjoy many things about SotA but find this one aspect (the deck system / manually stacking glyphs) pretty damaging to my enthusiasm because the deck maintenance is highly distracting from the real-time action. And it's sometimes frustrating to get unlocked abilities to be available when I need them.

It is my hope there will one day be an elegant workaround (other than a locked deck that limits you to exactly 10 glyphs, no combos and higher focus expenditure) for players that really struggle liking the game's core combat mechanism and having to concentrate on watching the combat bar.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Well written Fionwyn!! I've enjoyed the whole experience, disappointments, sure, but nothing so overwhelming that I would leave. All games have issues. Hoping to spend 20 plus years on this game as I've done with UO. So yeah, I hope I'm still playing when I hit 85, at that point I will probably just sit outside my house in game and yell at folks to get off my lawn!

Thanks @DarkStarr , @Chris , @Lord British and the rest of the team for all you do.

Avid backer,

Sean Silverfoot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.