... my 3 wishes for Episode 2 ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin Michael, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Dear @Lord British, @DarkStarr, @Chris,
    [I am not repeating all those ideas and recommendations I did in the past ;) I keep it very short...]

REFERRING TO THIS STORY DRIVEN ROLE PLAYING GAME AND SERIOUS EPISODE 2 STORYLINE:

My wishes for a great Story feeling ...

1. Keep NPC towns free from player housing (because of original story related design - secondary it could help performance)

2. A decision (virtuous or not virtuous) should show (more) consequences

Example: You encounter a badly injured thief.
    Wouldst thou
    [show compassion by using a healing spell] [kill him, knowing he can't defend] [leave him in pain and suffer, knowing he was a bad one and will die soon]
    Beside the gaining of XP consider:
    --> 1.: POSITIVE: raising a buff / an associated Skill gets ALL the gained XP by once!
    --> 2.: NEGATIVE: where is the honor? where is the courage? --> decrease a currently active devotional buff or prevent to receive one related to this virtue for the next 24 hours! Reduce the gained XP.
    --> 3.: NEUTRAL: just gain the XP

... think about similar consequences, where a choice can be connected to a special skill and virtues / devotionals / blessings ...

Negativity should also decrease the positive Skills of the Shroud (also change the color)!
    May be positive decisions could also increase virtue armor skills?

3. Give us an option to toggle off
    (x) not original story related items (like masks, wings, ...)
    So people who toggled it off, mustn't see someone wearing a horse mask or similar "funny" stuff...

What are your three wishes, Avatars, if we are talking about STORY of EPISODE 2?

--> If you're not interested in the story part, because you're here for the sandbox part, don't care about, you won't be affected :) <--

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

1) Most of the towns involved in the story that include player housing are arranged so its not too much of a bother, if you even notice it. Performance will improve, also.
    2) Do you mean that the affect our actions have on our virtue rating are more obvious/apparent, or that they are more severe, or maybe both? Do you currently consult the Oracle?
    3) If you're wanting a more "authentic" medieval feel, have you experimented with party-only multiplayer? Or even Solo offline?

Also, these seem like gameplay aspects more than anything related to the STORY of EPISODE 2.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Maybe negative forum posts should incur an in-game debuff....hehehe :)

That could keep some posting down :)

4. Paladin Michael

2. I am playing the game since 2014. So: yes, I am consulting the Oracle. This has nothing to do with concrete consequences to our behavior/decisions while doing quests.
    1+3 I also know about the offline mode. If you want to participate in the online world but want to experience the world referring to Lord British's storyline (as a matter of fact, in Sword of Midras I read nothing about horse masks, rainbow colored items, ...) player housing can be a great bothering, equal if performance improved or not.

The feeling of playing a story is very much influenced by the environment.

To make it more clear, what I am talking about:
    Imagine 'The hobbit' or 'Lord of the rings':

Entering a town the hobbits are just recognizing two visitors with horse heads leaving the tavern ...

Aragon sits in the back on a rainbow colored couch, while the barmaid wearing wings serving food ...

And may be, a bard is playing Roy Orbisons song "Sometimes it's hard to face this life every day" ...

Ah - don't forget to look over there: The hobbits are dancing maccarena on the table!

And walking down the street there are a kind of 'star wars' houses ...

Meanwhile: Gandalf, of course, is wearing a ballarina dress, while fighting the Balron ...

I hope it's more clear, what I am talking about? ;)

This has nothing to do with simple 'gameplay aspects'. Those items/houses are affecting the whole feeling of the fantasy world created by @Lord British.

Again: all this would be okay, if we could
    [x] toggle off not original story related items (like masks, wings, ... )

This option would take nothing away from anyone ...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

do u RP?

Edit: Alas, the stranger in all his armor and finery seemed to be making a point... was he lost amidst the grounds faire?

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I don't see the problem with player housing in NPC towns.

It brings these crazy outlanders more into the game I believe. Performance has been improving steadily.

7. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I would like to be able to eat avatars.

I would like to run up, rip your jaw off and use it as a cup for the blood that escapes, drink it and proceed to ravage.

That is all.

8. Paladin Michael

At least I do it in my mind: the same if watching a film or reading a book ...
    The descriptions, the pictures, the music are part of the story and how you experience it.

Okay: forget about the performance. We are patient and can wait ... while overloaded deco is loading.

I think that Outlanders enter (npc) towns is given by the story/quests, which people follow, not by player housing.

Player vendors (and some items used as decoration) all around aren't a 'problem' - but affecting the whole feeling of the fantasy world ...
    (And I am not talking about a market like Ardoris')

Well, interesting thoughts - what has this to do with Episode 2 storyline?
    You still can do it by using PvP and rip other peoples bones. Sitting in your home you can use it and imagine to drink whatever you like and feel however you like to do ;)
    And not even one virtue is changing! Happy one! You're wishes are already fulfilled! :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  9. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Yes and give boot licking posts a buff.

10. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Nope, no, no, no. You don't understand whatsoever. I wouldn't expect a Paladin to understand.

Paladin Michael likes this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

1. Forced open PVP mode outside of towns. (we can teleport very easily so whats the problem)
    2. Any tree is harvestable or at least trees within town limits give you a text error "this tree is protected!"
    3. Remove percentage chance visibility of fishing. At least not a number.
    4. Make the remove that blue effect when e go into new scenes.
    5. Upgrade town criers so they are at least on par with UO town criers (modern day comparison)
    6. Make at least 1 telethon stretch goals have a game play element.
    7. reduce the speed of mining carts, more in the spirit of Tomb Raider and Dayz, not donkey kong.
    8. Make guards actually relevant to the world.
    9. make towns able to be fought over.

By Tor likes this.
  12. Addison

Addison Avatar

1) An episode that is infused with rich storylines, that are deeply integrated into game play.

2) Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them.

3) A crafting system that avoids busy work.

Oh wait...those were part of the original Kickstarter campaign, lol...well I guess I still want those things! ;)

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

1) More meaningful choice and consequences for your actions.

2) Player actions have an effect in the game world.

14. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

- revamp skill system
    - sailing , boat crafting and sea pvp
    - guild wars

15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Totally against anything that pulls player homes from NPC towns.....

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This would be an automatic quit for me.

[edit] In fact, a lot of the bullet points in this thread would permanently put me off.

Cirsee, Malimn, StarLord and 5 others like this.
  17. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Related to the story....

1. I'd like to see non-combat steps along the story progression - instead of walking from place to place extracting dialogue and occasionally having to fight something - have the player gather/build/craft to progress certain story steps.
    2. I'd like to see the revamp of the quest system be more straightforward; a lot of the actual plot is obscured by the dialogue system and trying to figure out what you're being asked to actually do.
    3. A quest journal system that is fit for purpose, if the journal is clear about what the player is meant to do, we can dispense with all the broken blue glowy compass stuff!

18. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

LOL, I smell licking to win!

19. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

1. More PvE content (Working questing system, quests, dungeons, raid content)
    2. More Skills, gear, character stats, correct working calculations..
    3. Better loot. More high level special lootable gear/items.

20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

What @yinki2 said plus these two more;

1)POT enhanced options on Party size from 8 to 20 or more for wars.

2)Ability for POT owners to color code selected guilds in order to enhance large scale warfare.

R/Boris/El Pirata

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.