Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My character advancement

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Aldo, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Through release 23, I did not have as much fun as before. For what it is worth, a short description as to why I am not having as much fun playing..... I think it is mainly due to health. I cannot deal with archer foes, or mixed foes with an archer in the mix as my health deteriorates rapidly. In one vs several foes, without an archer around, I do better, but still lose health at an alarming rate. I am using founders plate and a halberd, the same build I have been using all along. I feel in control only in the beginner scenes after many many hours of constant play. My guess is that damage resistance is markedly lower this time around. Like I say, just my observation for what it is worth.

2. mithra

mithra Avatar

Archers are annoying, but at least they are weaker than fighters. I have found it better to keep moving and chase his butt down first than to stand still for a fighter with an archer in the background. I also found that having a summoned pet mitigates the annoyance somewhat, since for example, you can have a phoenix or fire elemental hitting him with fireballs the whole time.

As far as health goes, I'm inclined to agree with you, I do a LOT of first aid. I'm just now with my two healing spells at 50 and 45 respectively, and you have to lean on them quite a bit. I don't know if the Healing Grace spell is even worthwhile given the expensive reagent requirements ( or potential to fizzle away your focus ). I suspect there is a balance issue here; they might not want us to have an effective heal spell for the same reason you wouldn't have a really effective combat spell. What I kind of miss is being able to /sit and just accumulate health naturally, as per other games.

Or maybe have your high tier heal just continuously heal you as long as you stay still and aren't hit. Just halt focus accumulation and redirect that to the health bar, until the player moves or is 100% health. It would be like a healing meditation type skill that when leveled, is also a bit more efficient focus-wise than healing touch and healing ray.

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Archery has been overbuffed, and it shows. The highest damage, and most severe debuffs come from archers.

Root them, bash them like no tomorrow (without giving your back to the other meleers!), and dispatch them first before going back to the footmen.

4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Plate armor did lose a bit of resistance this release, so that did make it seem our avatars are slightly weaker.
    If archers are troubling you, here are a few tips.
    1. Always kill them first.
    2. Pick up the Root spell from Earth magic tree and at least one ranged attack of your choice (fire arrow, obsidian arrow, etc.) Lock these in your deck so they are available more often.
    3. Lock Healing Touch in your deck. Don't use Healing Ray. It's NOT a stronger heal. It takes longer to cast, can be interrupted easier, and heals for about the same amount. The only advantage Ray has over Touch is you can cast on other players at range. It's not meant to be a "better" self heal.
    4. Attacking archers should involve rooting them, running behind them to melee (extra damage from behind or the side), and then firing your ranged attack before chasing them as they run away when root breaks. You can cast Healing Touch on yourself as you run after them too if needed. Go on the offensive with them and focus on them until they are dead. They tend to shoot less arrows at you when they are on the move a lot... so although it's a PITA to chase them, it's your best defense against them.
    5. Try to keep your back facing away from all mobs. Melee types that follow you as you chase archers will hurt less from the front. Plus, your melee attacks can hit multiple mobs in front of you so whittle them down as you kill the archer with some intelligent positioning.
    This goes the same for caster enemies as well.

Oh, and to the person asking for /sit command... hitting z key takes you out of combat mode after a fight. HP and Focus have a much higher regeneration rate out of combat and it shouldn't take more than like 45 seconds to regenerate them both to full. No need to /sit. Just sheath your weapon.

Hope that helps.

5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thank you all for your input on strategies. They describe exactly my technique. I have been quite successful in the past, but now am not successful. I just feel there is more agro going on, with more mobs chasing me and the archers I am chasing, my resistance is lower, and my healing is less effective. I find myself running to safety all the time and it is not fun. I hope that the proper balance will be found, but without feedback progress to that end may be slower.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

One problem is that the shield range defense talent isn't working yet. But I agree with the most common advice - kill the archers or any ranged spell casters first.

Moiseyev Trueden and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.