Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My Decoration pets in Neath POT do not move

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Acred, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acred

Acred Avatar

3/28/2016 4:53 PM
    Title:My Decoration pets in Neath POT do not move
    Reproduction Rate: continual
    Blocker? no
    Details: I checked both lots I own in Neath POT and the pets I placed on them do not move.

Area: Neath (POT_underground_metropolis_01_template) Loc: (78.0, 38.0, 292.5)
    and
    Area: Neath (POT_underground_metropolis_01_template) Loc: (108.0, 38.0, 204.0)

Returning the pet to Inventory and replacing it on the lots did not help. They still did not move.
    The White Raven can still be heard cawing.
    Steps to Reproduce: Place deco pet on your own lot. They used to move when the owner was present. They do not move now. Select pet and place it in Inventory then replace it on your lot.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4) System RAM: 6144
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 GPU RAM: 979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.336.Date.03.25.16
    Area: POT_underground_metropolis_01_template
    Loc: (108.0, 38.0, 204.0)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

When you say you don't see them move, are they not even doing an idle animation/fidget? It's possible they are simple set to stay. You can tell them to follow by right clicking and changing their behavior state.

I took a moment to hop into your account to see what you were observing. Your pets appeared to be animating perfectly as intended, just set to Stay. Let me know if this does not reflect what you were observing. :)

3. Acred

Acred Avatar

Hello, @Attenwood

There is a difference in the behaviour and the menus with commands between the regular game client and the QA game client. This is not only happening on my two lots in the Neath POT, but also at my lots in Mediolanum and Aerie. I just checked all 4 lots on QA and on the regular client.

The decoration pets on QA do fidget, buck, or flap wings when I am on the properties, but they do not move from the spots where I had placed them. They will follow me, if I give them the "Follow" command. Their command menu also has the "Stay" command you mentioned.

[​IMG]

The decoration pets on the regular game client also fidget, buck, or flap wings. When I stand for a moment on the properties they also start to move around the grounds. Their command menus look different from those on QA.

[​IMG]

So this "set to Stay" you mentioned must be something that has changed. I suppose it is WAI, but I miss the pets moving randomly on my home grounds - and don't really need or want them following me around the lots. The called pets (different item in my bank) are nice to have on "Follow" in towns or adventure scenes.

Thank you for taking a look at this. If the change in Decoration Pet menu was mentioned in the Patch Notes for R28, I missed it. Apologies if it is all Working As Intended.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I just spoke with the team about the behaviors and it did seem like it was a deliberate action between Stay and Follow actions. Upon your recommendation, I believe we're going to try and add a "patrol" mode back in which will reflect how deco pet behaviors typically were, wandering around semi-randomly, along with the new behavior modes you observed.

Acred and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.