Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My displeasure about combat's related features in this game.

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Hornpipe, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Agree @Hornpipe i also run similar decks, actually experencing with shields also.
    Buffs is "all" you need. I buff for example Death Shield, Def Stance, Dodge, Evasion and Healing Grace before / while engaging then switch to a deck with same attacks setup, but the 3 other HoT's and Douse and Fortify for situational use.
    And i still have Healing touch in Reserve.

Hornpipe likes this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Unfortunate this is the only way to get resistance and more unfortunate that I had to lock myself in my basement to focus myself on my magic research. Thank god I didn't have to use any magic above ground or on another human being or mob :eek: but now I understand my foe much better than I did beforehand.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I only remember the one that was held in a basement in Owl's Head by @Sheamus McGuinness and I wish there were more. I know I had a blast... 10 seconds at a time :D.

4. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

There has been done almost no thought on how spell effects accumulate and in fact the game has been balanced in a way to limit single spells because they created insane effects when combined with all the other "similar" kind of spells. I am strongly for making buffs, effects etc. overwrite each other where it makes sense. Having 3 HOTs running is insane to balance for example, but on the other hand 2 fire mages can't damage a single target. This spell system is broken and needs a big big rework by Chris or anyone else. THIS needs to be fixed pre release.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Ajivani, Salix, Barugon and 8 others like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I would agree, but i honestly have to say, now thst i have begun to adapt and learn to game the system i dont ask for it anymore.
    The changes would need to be a complete rework, way too much 3 Month before release.
    PvP isnt made for this, it's misplaced, they can remove it imo :eek:
    Wont be ever balanced with players high like Mac.
    I understand Mac better now.
    As i said before and again.
    SP Game, MP is for Socializing /RP.
    MP groups arent worth it, you can do it, but reward is bad, dependencies dont exist etc...
    They wont rework the entire game/skill mechanics.
    To have a more UO'ish gameplay and Balance LoA is going in the right direction i heared.
    I dont know, but maybe this game (SotA) is for me.
    Lone Wolf immersing and Danceparties to show what you have, yay.

Ajivani likes this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

As long as soft caps are working fine, the most experienced players who trained the best combinations won't be as much "out of reach" as they can be right now. That's the problem with the current system as it is. Some builds gives you extra power easily because you don't have to spend much experience to get those. As long as the system doesn't reward the guys who trained everything (with the possibility to use a lot of buff simultaneously), we will have to deal with interesting choices : more versatilit with new non cumulative skills or... more power with my already trained skills ? Then, things will be very different. As an exemple, training ranged combat from 144 to 145 takes 7,4 M xp points while training it from 104 to 105 only takes 161K

Good for you. But here, it is the game which has to be understood.

They absolutely don't need to rework everything. The reason why all of this seems broken is because there are missing features which prevents people from doing minimal choices and personalization to get a lot of power. But those missing features would probably be easy to add (like @Chris already did that when limiting how many damage avoidance buffs you can use at a time). The hardest thing to do here is to find a proper balance which would not force everyone towards a strict specialization when the best thing would be an intermediate solution, in my opinion.

PS : edited

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    Sara Dreygon and Stundorn like this.
  7. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

@Stundorn Nah like I said just limit some stuff in deckbuilding and make some of the skills overwrite each other and make them viable on their own. Combos are nowhere to be found and how they work in the new combat mechanics and how powerful they will be no one knows. Portalarium develops awfully slow and the tech department needs more hands asap. :)
    PVP or the supposed UO2 vibe in general is the only thing that remotely keeps the title afloat at the moment. The whole POT "word not allowed" mentality didn't do anything good to the game or the community. It segregated it and in the end reminded me of the history of East Germany... Good dreams, but unrealistic ;) Even the RPers went away by large, because the world is so meh and virtues do not matter at all.

blaquerogue, Stundorn and Hornpipe like this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I used to have events all the time, I also run Gladiator Wars events , keep watch in the forums under player events, there will be more, ive been quite busy lately so i haven't been able to hold events much but i will soon. I used to have class only matches, mage vs mage only matches, melee and healer vs. melee and healer matches. I also had some decent prizes as well mostly add on stuff or rare items etc.. Just keep watch here in the forums if you can archive through the forums look up "Gladiator battles" in the forums here, i plan to keep that idea going and ive had alot of help from other players in running these as well. There will be more! Ok so i did the work for you heres what i have been running in the past and will run in the future

[​IMG]
    Arena/Gladiator Tourneys "Gladiator Games"

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Cordelayne, Mac2, Numa and 2 others like this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

is this also level based, so lets say level Range 70-79, 80-89, 90-99, 100+ ???

Mac2 likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

yes, always, I know pretty much all PVPrs friends and enemies, i typically set it up sorta even as i can.

Hornpipe, Mac2 and Stundorn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.