Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My displeasure about combat's related features in this game.

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Hornpipe, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

LOL

2. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

also it would force the other person to change thier deck as well so if you rock in fire damage you may have to rock air sometime instead.

My displeasure in the game is barely any counters!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I just answered to your proposal, you did an example asking for no damage if flame shield is on.
    And i repeat again, how can you really think this will help the game to be balanced?

PS: Your bad behavior on forum sooner or later will be noticed by the moderators

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

want to counter a death mage, use shield of air, want to counter air mage stuns use bolster balance, want to counter sun, death and moon, celestial blessing and flute of defiance, want to counter earth, shield of crystal. There are counters out there, and warding gear and the res pots make it really insane. the res pots are too much, can pretty much counter all mages with those alone.

Tsumo2 and Antrax Artek like this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I totally agree, and there are many many more ways.

PS: Dear @Johnwick attacking a player or attacking an idea are really different things, btw i have no time to waste with you. We will not be the one to decide, so, be quiet.

6. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

wouldnt it make more sense if life countered death, water fire, fire water, earth and air, moon and sun etc...I dont use a shield why should i have to spec in that for a spell counter? I like talking to you we can actually discuss this civilized like!;)

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

In a sense, that already does exist the opposing school counter. Every gem type on a chest can have a gem proc to resist its opposing school.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  8. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

Id like to have spells to counter though, just my opinion. I hate having to spec in something i probably wont use (the shield for example) especially if i have other opposite spells fire /water etc.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I'm not against that idea, and in some ways it already exists. I am just totally against negating all or most of the damage of a school, as I said before, the pots are already bad enough.

10. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

Ok so now lets get back to "My displeasures about combat"

for me its
    the counter attacks and defense (apparently)
    PVP set up ( i should be able to loot you of anything, except store bought items, i want if i kill you since you voluntarily flagged PVP
    When you do get killed you should be randomly res'd at an ankh away from where your immediately at/ and or res on overhead map (this prevent res kills)
    I would love to see more types of monsters/ npcs besides the regular ones we see all the time no matter what level.
    More worthwhile loot drops
    If NPCs have guided fire arrows then we as players should too
    Differnt types of weapons and armor (flanged plate/leather for instance)
    the ability to dye all wearables (heavy armor, im on the fence about, but hey i had some green and blue armor in UO so whatever not really a deal breaker)
    Ability to dye furniture as well

Of course these are only MY OPINIONS, i feel there are others that may agree, and those that do not either or, i respect what you believe even if i dont share those beliefs.

11. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

To be fair, you only said "That won't work" and didn't explain why as if it were obvious and as if his idea was stupid. This way, even it was not your intention, you have ousted @Johnwick from the conversation without giving him any reason to give up with his idea. His reaction is understandable.

On the substance, through I agree with you.

@Johnwick I don't think that your proposal will help with the problems I pointed out. I think about one problem in particular : the "I have to be this to do that". With your proposal, for exemple, you will have to train a fire skill to counter the ice skills. Then, you will have to be a fire mage to counter a water mage. And again, that will be an incentive for everyone to be everything.

What I am advocating for is a much more universal approach. When you look at most games out there, every class has skills which allow to counter other classes skills, indifferently from their nature (magic, physical or whatever). For exemple, when many classes have skills which allow to root or stun, you get one skill which counter every roots or every stun. You don't have one skill that only counter the earth spell which root you. And you don't have the freedom to use all the counter skills in the game to get untouchable, like you can mostly do in SotA.

Johnwick likes this.
  12. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I like being a certain class/type, it makes others worthwhile, if i cant heal that well a person that is a healer only is valuable in a party, like for me as an example i hate crafting so i need somone that can craft and this makes each of us more uselful as a whole, especially in Multiplayer. This is just my opinion on it i love classes and hate classless it kind of kills the needs for others if you can do everything they can. The set up we have now makes perfect sense in a single player game where we have to know everything.

13. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I'm still here cause i'm interested in the thread, i'm just trying to answer you shortly, the be quiet, or be peaceful if you prefer had indeed this purpose so let me expand it:

Live in peace, discuss in peace, stop accusing around telling things like "before you act like you know everything" and all things you told me trying to get a public personal battle. This will help the thread to go ahead and be more useful.

I hope you will pm me if you have anything not releated to the game to tell me, but please stop this silly sitcom now.

I can understand but i don't think there is much to explain when someone ask to negate all damage from a school with a spell. Indeed after a while he went back and changed into minimize damage.

14. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

What i did was come to a middle ground with Mac2, instead of no damage, i met him halfway with minimal damage. Its a discussion that came to a middle agreement, a negotiation, but i did not tell him his ideas were degenerating the thread, so in essence he and I accomplished something, by not attacking each other.

15. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

In my opinion, the combat system will be good when everyone can build his own class in his own way, without having to cumulates many skills in order to be competitive. A classless system can be good, as long as everyone is really encouraged to explore different options.
    That's just my opinion, but a combat system doesn't have to be complicated to be good. It's just a matter of being fun for everyone. Currently, SotA combat system is not like that. That doesn't mean that it can't be like that.

Chatele, Ajivani, Numa and 1 other person like this.
  16. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I totally wish for UO rules, but we all know that will never happen with this game, and its sad because that is the main reason i am trying to find something else to play even WOW, ESO, Guildwars etc...has a better set up in my opinion. I am trying so hard to stay with this game, but as it progresses i dont see it getting better on the combat front. Trust me i hope i am wrong! I have been here since the start for the record as well, yes graphics become really good, world expanded etc... Combat in my opinion needs alot of work.

Chatele likes this.
  17. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The game will be more like UO coming Q2 I hope. :) After that it won't matter much anymore if it isn't.

Johnwick likes this.
  18. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

Im sorry we misunderstood each other.;) Its all good i dont hate you i havent put you on ignore yet, thats a good sign :)

Numa likes this.
  19. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

i sure hope so!

20. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I hope you're not right, but i agree, some key features that often make the game worse will never be removed.

To be honest i hate multi gamemodes and consensual pvp, as pvp player these make my days empty and boring.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Johnwick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.