Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

my evil master-plan is in jeopardy - please help!

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Vox Aquila, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

Hello,

I like to have churches built as part of my master-plan. But we are having problems sending evil messages between our churches as they cannot place mailboxes. As you can see they are all made from deco and things I don't really understand (thank you Master Mason Jonah).

Please can we somehow fit mailboxes on deco made buildings? Or have a mechanism for putting them somewhere on the lot.

Thank you,

Serenite Temple, location Serenite

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Church of the Oracle, location Owls Head

[​IMG]

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Dam, didn't know they had to be attached to a house.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I have an additional request to add to this one. Seeing as some of these structures are very creative and appealing looking. Would it be possible to "group" the items used to make these structures into ONE "home" and then allow players to trade the "blue prints" with one another? I assume that this might help performance in towns like owl's head tremendously while also making yet another player friendly promotion of creativity.

@DarkStarr Please consider.

Chatele, kaeshiva, fonsvitae and 2 others like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

You're right about one thing !

Deco made building surely are evil ! All blocky looking and such, and causing my load times to slow down and my FPS to lag ! :D

Quenton and Vox Aquila like this.
  5. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

redfish likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know how effective that would be to increase performance, because they'd still have to be rendered in pieces, unless the game can somehow weld the geometries together and apply the texture.

But even that aside blocky deco is still blocky, which is why I personally am not interested in doing this, and I would rather see more modular elements. For example, we now have castle wall segments, that you could use to build a full castle wall. It might also be nice to be able to piece together an arcade gallery, like you would use to build the cloister of a monastery or villa. Then there could also be building segments (with long hallways), towers you could connect to them, and facades, like we see in the ruins, etc.

Vox Aquila likes this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Back to the original point, +1 for being able to put "wall mounted" stuff onto walls/fences/hedges.
    Many house types with non-flat wall textures or curved walls (such as tower / wizard tower) don't really allow placement of anything on the exterior because of the curvature, placeable walls serving as anchors would be a nice fix for this.

Vox Aquila likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.