Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My face is still blue!

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Baratan, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

LOL take your cloak off.
    It is a virtue cloak and glows blue or red depending on your virtue.

2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Oh, then I didn't figure it out. Because in the isle of storms where my face was blue I didn't have the cloak yet.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Baratan I wore the virtue cloak when it was still glowing blue, and my face wasn't blue. Have you met with other players in-game to confirm that everyone sees your face as being blue?

4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I haven't. I usually don't come across anyone in game and when I do they ignore me lol.

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

@Baratan
    I won't ignore you if you whisper to me in-game. I'll come to you and we can take a look. I think it is really necessary to be able to troubleshoot your problem. I certainly wouldn't be happy running around with a blue face, but I haven't had to. None of the skin color choices make me look blue. The virtue cloak can reflect on nearby objects, but even that didn't make my face blue. And as you already mentioned, you weren't wearing the cliak when you met Arabella, and your face was blue even back then.

majoria70 and Spoon like this.
  6. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Can you add me in game then and see if we can meet up.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I would love to, but I don't know your in-game name. "Baratan" isn't a known character name. Add me - my in-game name is Kara Brae.

8. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Will do this evening

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh you should add me as well. I would not ignore you. I am Majoria in the game. I try to wave at everyone I pass by, but sometimes I'm slow. I guess not everyone is as forthright as I am, but I often times will whisper to someone as I run by. There is so much going on in the game once you get friends on your friends list. When we are forming a group to kill the troll, phoenix, or Xavara for fun or to complete quests, often we are looking for others to fill up our 8 people limit groups. Anyway then you can see whos online to send a whisper to. Another thing is getting in an active guild. Some may have the picture of a guild as a negative thing from past experiences but in Sota it has been a way to keep busy while in development. Going it alone can sometimes get boring and especially now that the game is getting made to be more difficult and more challenging. There are so many really great areas to see but going alone is sometimes difficult and more fun to enjoy with someone. I really don't think the guilds I've been around harp at each other to do things, they just try to find things to do together like kill bosses, explore new areas, gather resources etc. True there is a limited amount of people playing at this time but you really don't have to be alone if you get active players names on your friends list. I understand that many players love to go it alone most of the time, but there are times when at this stage of development we have to have something to do with not much of the content and functions of the game in yet. So anytime friend me in game so you are on my list ;) *cheers*

CatherineRose likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Duh! I just realized that I should look at the first post where you posted a screenshot of your avatar. The in-game name is there in plain view! :oops: I've added you :)

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I haven't been in the game enough to join a guild. I'd feel bad as a member not contributing. I've been playing this game once or twice each release since releases started but never got into it.

This release though has been different for me. I've gotten into the game finally and am really looking forward to playing it when I get a chance. It's a shame that I feel like my feedback is irrelevant however.

I've come across players maybe a dozen times in my experience in this game. Half of those times were when I was running around a city asking for help but never got a response. lol.

Currently I'm playing on friends only because I have no friends and when I was playing on multiplayer I found resource gathering to be exceedingly frustrating with everything being gathered by others before I got there.

CatherineRose and majoria70 like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I didn't say join a guild. I actually play and adventure with others and I'm not in their guild. Also you can see others on your friends list even if you are not in their mode well friends and multi you can still see that is and whisper to each other. I've often switched modes to be with someone. Friends mode is easier on some peoples pc performance than multi player.

I was hanging out with a player in Wizards Rest recently and switching to friends mode made it so he didn't disconnect anymore. I wanted to show him music in Sota which is fantastic by the way. We can even sync our music and make bands if we want.

Anytime stop on over if you see me online, there is a world unknown for those who do not contact anyone or are too shy to. If you say no to ever coming to player owned towns etc and close your mind to what people do, you might miss things (not saying you do but to anyone who looks at this game and thinks they've seen it all, I'd say, hmm perhaps there is more).

Like yesterday we met a new person and took him to a party with us, he did not even know that we have a radio in the game. it is an in game radio that a couple of our community members (aka players ;) had created, and that you can turn it on at a party and hear others who are fellow players talking about the party we are at. They even take requests ;). Also does a new person know that they can write plays and have their voices brought into the game while they emote their character doing their play with others. We also have stages in game for this. This type of thing is not what everyone is looking for but it is there and not known just by someone coming into a game who says no way am I going to a player owned town because they think they know what that is all about.

This game has come so far, from no towns and only a player in a room with a chicken. So this is for all of you. Don't close your mind and I won't close mine ;) We all like different things but sometimes you just want to hang out and play songs with another person while you joke around and be silly. ;) and other times you don't ;)

edited

13. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I don't have a problem with player owned or player run towns or players in general. I just like being able to gather resources peacefully. :p

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol wasn't just talking to you sorry. I know what you mean. ;)

15. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Baratan please take your cloak off and see if that helps. Your virtue is shining through which tells you you are not a thief or some other bad traited character. Most of us wish we could be comletely blue if it meant we were truly virtuous. That is a good thing Baratan.

16. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Baratan I am very sorry others have ignored you. That makes my heart sad. I know what it feels like to be on the outside looking to the inside. Your blueness does seem like a weird problem and that is one reason, I am sure, that some are not taking the problem seriously. However, anytime a person has a problem it IS serious to that person. I wish I could give you the answer as to why you have a blue color but I'm sure that someone will come up with the answer. In the meantime play the game, have fun and you will run across someone who will have the solution to the blue problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.