Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My First impressions R24

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Akrondar, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

I have not played too much since a lot of releases to not burn out. Yesterday i created a character and played a bit on highvale, and while i enjoyed the first quest line, i have some random concerns:

I understand that Arabella wants to know some aspects of our personality so she can choose what our initial experience with the game should be, but why she select what skills we have? A better aproach, IMO, would be that we could talk to some trainer to get a predeterminated basic selection of skills later on the first questline. Maybe Brigida could guide us on this subject (go talk to “x”, he/she could teach you about the basics of an archer/mage/warrior/etc).

Another thing that you should reconsider is that the first missions should be rogue like or fighting against lesser enemies. Trained soldiers were defeated and i can immediately kill all the remaining enemy forces?? That doesnt make much sense to me. I want to feel week and grow my abilities organically.

Why to get a key for a door that evidently doesnt use one? Maybe the key should be used on a lateral hidden door.

Regarding the siege machines around highvale. There should be only ONE siege tower with a mecanism to prevent fire (metal or fresh animal leather). I missed simplier ladders (or rests of them) around the walls. And a trebuchet is very out of place there. A catapult or a battering ram would fit the scennary better. Maybe a child or an adolescent would be ok with these setup, but to an adult eyes (90+% of your current customers) it is evidently not ok, false if you want.

About interaction with NPCS. First i think it is not very clear how or when you obtain certain tasks. I am not talking about hand holding you about what to do to complete the quest, but about how long are you standing in front of the NPC fighting with the clunky dialog chat to get the necklace to deliver. Maybe a clearer text box on the center of the screen and an accept/deny/ignore option?.

Secondly i think there are too few options to interact with quest NPCS. For example, immediately after we spawn on highvale we discover a (fatally?) wounded man lying next to us. There are no options to help him (except the quest), maybe offer water, food, bandage bleeding wounds, etc. Either there are no way to know if he is so wounded that no help could be delivered. I would love to be abe to right click these quest characters and corpses with options to interact with them: “Inspect” (..A mid aged man with fatal wounds, beyond any help. “A corpse of what seems an old man”), “bury”,”hide”, “cure wounds with bandages”, etc.

That is all for now, keep up with the good job xD.

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with this. The only option to interact with NPCs is to loot them, which the Oracle later seems to frown on.

An ability to run through the fire bridge to save an NPC as act of courage or something to get a cookie from the Oracle would be nice.

Akro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.